• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cattle Egret (Bubulcus ibis)

Cattle Egret (Bubulcus ibis) by Paolo Dolina, on Flickr

Photo was taken on 2012:10:13 @ 10:10:13

Solar noon was at 11:43:00

I highlight these two aspects as photos of birds are typically done in the Philippines before 9am & after 3pm.

Looking back maybe I should have mounted multiple Canon Speedlite Flashes onto the exterior of the car if I was photographing birds from inside the car especially when I'm in a rice field.

Nice shots. I always find it funny how widespread certain birds species like Egrets and Herons are.
    Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

Nice shot Paolo. Good texture in the feathers and the bird reallhy stands out against the background.
      Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

nice capture, the low angle works well too as does the darker colouring of the background. would be tempted to clone out or tone down the light branch thing on the right because it really grabs the eye.
        Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

That BG makes the egret really pop. They look completely different when they show there breeding plume, very bright orange colour.
          I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
          "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Working...
          X