No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Raven ?

I think this is a Little Raven over being a Crow but I am not fuss to what it really is as I just class them all as Crows anyway.
    Taken as we 9Me and the wife) walked back to the car and this started to play hide\n/seek with as as we got closer.
    # 1
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00497.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	195.3 KB
ID:	492068

Name:	DSC00498.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	205.9 KB
ID:	492069

Name:	DSC00500.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	218.8 KB
ID:	492070

bit hard to id without seeing the neck fully. nice detailed portraits

Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

• Ralph
      Ralph commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for that but I am happy just to go with an overall name of Crow or Raven with these. I know this isn't really the done thing but I do get a lot lazy with details and I am happy with just an overall term for them.

Very good work Ralph. Nice and close and sharp to show off all the fine details.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• Ralph
      Ralph commented
      Editing a comment
      To me these carry on a lot like the Galah or Corella's as they still enjoy life and to me this is the story behind these shots.
      As this was having by going behind the branch to popping out on the other side or the same side.
      I enjoyed taking these shots so much on the day.

Hi Ralph

Beaut images ..... reminds me of the fable re: the wolf & red riding hood "what beautiful eyes you have"

Phil

Comment

• Ralph
      Ralph commented
      Editing a comment
      I think the eyes were what got me quite a lot with this one who was a cheeky little bugger.

Nice closeup of the face. Quite a lot of personality there. Great shots.
    Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

• Ralph
      Ralph commented
      Editing a comment
      In all honesty I had a great time taking this ones photo's and I do feel this one knew just what it was doing as well.
      Thanks for your comments and for looking as well.

Very nice Ralph, I may be alone but I love all the Corvid family, always inquisitive.

Dave

Comment

• Ralph
      Ralph commented
      Editing a comment
      I am with ya on that as well. I wanted to get a good portrait shot of one and it took me over 2 weeks to find one that would sit longer enough to get what I wanted. And I have watched a few youtube things on just how smart they really as as in needing more than one stone to life the door and stuff like that. The work things out on their own. Then watch one where it took a plastic lid to the top of a snow covered roof and it hopped on the lid and slid down to the gutter that done it all over again. The really do know what life is about far more then many other birds. So these are a favourite of mine on all these counts.

Looks very cheecky. Very appealing images.
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Comment

• Ralph
      Ralph commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for that and I am glad you got that same feel for these shots as I did when I took the shots.

Nicely detailed portraits, whatever bird it is.

Comment

• Ralph
      Ralph commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for that and we have gone for the Little Raven with this one.
Working...
X