No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ducks being friendly

Quite a few ducks about recently with 7 varieties shown. The wood ducks, swans and mallards were busy elsewhere.
    1. Eurasian Coot.
    2. Australasian Shoveler.
    3. Australasian Grebe.
    4. Pacific Black.
    5. Shelduck.
    6. Grey Teal.
    7. Hardhead.

Click image for larger version  Name:	6476-Ducks.jpg Views:	0 Size:	295.3 KB ID:	492430
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

good to see so many varieties on show. I miss the duckpond
    Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Duckpond is probably a better word for our little lake Stephen. It is good to see a good variety. There's also a few missing from previous years, like the spoonbills, herons, egrets and especially the pink eared ducks, but they all might pop in for a visit when the warmer weather comes.

Is anything done to attract birds to the lake or does it all happen if and when? I notice in other images where nesting boxes have been installed is that here as well? Our local spot has several hides but i have never seen any bids within 100 meters of them and I think they may be too large in area to get the birds more used to people.
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      G'day Hans. The lake is natural so nothing to attract the feathered friends. The city have bird boxes which were used by mainly pink and grey galahs but the bees have taken those over from last year. I was promised by them that they would remove the bees but as they do, they lied!

Quite the variety. Nice shot.
    Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Cheers David. I'm just hoping the swans deliver us a few cygnets - that would be the icing on the cake.

I don't mind this but going by what others say here I would think about cloning out the out of focused green stuff in the front right corner as it does nothing to help the shot in any way.

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Ralph. It was basically out of camera just to show the variety of ducks on such a small lake. I did see the tree leaves but wasn't bothered - I thought it was a good landing section for the watermark

Wonderful variety there Isac.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      It's a great variety for hopefully some great pics.
Working...
X