No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Tawny Grassbird

I think these are all the same bird. It was flying from perch to perch along one side of the lake. They have an odd fluttering flight, almost a hover, and their tails always seem to have ragged looking ends.

1. I first saw it with a catch but it wouldn't land on a perch with a clear view for me.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20221118_TygumPark_0084.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	242.7 KB
ID:	495108

2. I finally landed on a perch with a clear view of the bird, but I had to remove lots of surrounding twigs.

Name:	20221118_TygumPark_0110-Edit.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	203.5 KB
ID:	495106

3. Same perch after I moved a little closer with cleaner background and the bird turned to face me. Many surrounding twigs removed from this one too.

Name:	20221118_TygumPark_0118-Edit.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	229.0 KB
ID:	495107

Alan W

My Gallery

Excellent shots!
    Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks David. I was lucky here - it kept flying off but stopping fairly close so I had lots of chances.

Well done with these Alan. Lovely detail on the bird and very good bokeh produced with that 500mm lens. The BG colour in #1 is very appealing and few little branches is OK with me, because you got the timing right before the bug was downed.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Isac. Yes the bug and the bg in #1 compensate for the clutter for me.

did well with these. is bad when they wont cooperate but you have a bunch of pix anyhow. good work
    Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Stephen. This one moved around but stayed visible so I had a few chances. They usually go into hiding once they fly.

Lovely shots. It's certainly a scruffy looking individual

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. They usually seem to look like that.

Perseverance pays off. A nice haul of a bird I don't recall seeing before. Maybe because it is unremarkable and they don't live around here.
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Hans. They do tend to hide in the long grass and reeds
Working...
X