No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wedgetail magpie attack #2

some more magpie harassment from the other day.
    you not get opportunities like this very often so you gotta get it while you can
    there were lots of pix of feeding etc, but somehow didnt look all that dramatic compared to the other stuff
    d5 600f4 tc17 (1000mm) 1/1600 and 1/2000 f8 iso 1600 2x full frame images, and one minor crop
    Click image for larger version

Name:	wedge tail 8575.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	329.5 KB
ID:	495145
    Click image for larger version

Name:	wedge tail 8615.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	322.9 KB
ID:	495146 Click image for larger version

Name:	wedge tail 8661.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	164.0 KB
ID:	495147
    Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Classic shots Stephen. It looks like the maggie is very upset by the large visitor. Last one for me with the intimidating wing spread.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Those magpies are game. I wonder if the eagles ever get a hold of one. Probably not experienced at attacking that way.
      Better a full bottle in front of me
      than a full frontal lobotomy.
      Hans

Comment

Eagle could bite them in half or crush with talons. But you see large raptors copping it all the time. They do nothing
        Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

Excellent shots!
          Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

Great shots, No2 for me just love that magisterial look on the eagles face.

Comment

Great shots. We are sadly lacking eagles here in the UK. We have two species, white tailed fish eagle and golden eagle. Both are stunning. Unfortunately they struggle due to persecution, mainly from the grouse hunting toffs who illegally poison or shoot them. Their game keepers get a small rap on the knuckles if the get caught and usually a token fine that is invariably paid by said toff land owner. Raptors get a hard time here. Last year some scumbag took a chainsaw to an artificial Osprey nest killing the chicks in the process. We have plenty of breeding programs though, so hopefully numbers will increase for all the suffering species.

As for the magpies, I read that the eagles tend to only shout at the, as they risk damage, albeit minor, if they really go for it.
              Always feel free to rip apart any image of mine I post.

Comment

Working...
              X