No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Songbirds at Killens Pond

Some morning wildlife photography on one of our colder mornings so far this season (-2C). Killens Pond is a state park about a 20 minute drive from where I live and I usually have pretty good luck with the birds out there.

Carolina Chickadee
    613A4660 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr

Song Sparrow
    613A4670 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr

Brown Creeper
    613A4689 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr

Carolina Wren
    613A4693 1 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr
    Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Beautiful images and beautiful birds David. You have a great variety of birds in Killens Pond and they seem to all pose for you in that cold weather.
    I hope you don't mind, but I was a bit distracted by the surrounds in #1, so I did a quick edit and crop to show what I mean. #4 could probably be given much the same TLC as well
    I was amazed at the number of birds you have there - it's just unbelievable!
    I looked it up HERE
    Click image for larger version

Name:	52510264984_42bc2d9c72_b.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	248.0 KB
ID:	495187
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• David_MC
      David_MC commented
      Editing a comment
      Delaware is a great place for bird photography given its location along migratory bird paths. The southern 2/3rds of the state is mostly rural and also a large amount of land that is protected by the Federal, State, and local governments along with several non-profits.

There were also about 5 other bird species in the small area that I spent my time in that were not being cooperative with me.

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Good to see protections in place for land that supports the animals. Our government representatives have not been blessed with the moral compass required to make appropriate decisions about protecting land and species. One day, we hope.

as presented, I like the creeper the best of these. simple and uncluttered. not dissimilar to our tree creepers in australia either.
    the song sparrow comes up a bit dark for me (unless they are that colour of course, so thinking a shadow lift could help that and or an exposure boost.
    I like the rework on the chickadee also. image as presented looked to be full of facial details and now brought out.
    good work
    Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

• David_MC
      David_MC commented
      Editing a comment
      I brightened up the image a bit more. The light that morning wasn't great which didn't help that fact that those Sparrows are a bit dark to begin with.

I know very little about birds but do like seeing them. I thought the tree creeper looked like a Spotted pardalope
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Comment

Thanks for some of the tips. I went ahead and made a few touch ups to a few of the photos.

613A4660 2 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr

613A4670 1 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr

613A4693 2 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr
      Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

Much better mate! The crop on the last looks much better too, looks to be a good fit for "The Rule of Thirds".
        I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
        "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Working...
        X