Click image for larger version

Name:	7959-Red_Wattle_Bird.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	288.1 KB
ID:	495388
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Interesting looking bird, I`m guessing a young bird, looks like it still has some down on it`s breast area.
    C+C,EDITS OK
    I shoot a Canon 90D with a few bits of glass.

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Kevin. It was definitely a young one. The adults are a tougher looking bird.

Good shots Isac, nice and sharp and good poses. The colour seems a little off though - it looks like an orange/brown cast to me. Also in #1 there looks like a fuzzy patch between its feet - still downy perhaps.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Excellent shots. Color seems good on my end. Really like the poses you got.
      Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

• Isac
        Isac commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks David. They don't always make themselves available for a photo shoot, so I get what I can, when I can.

Originally posted by wigz View Post
      Good shots Isac, nice and sharp and good poses. The colour seems a little off though - it looks like an orange/brown cast to me. Also in #1 there looks like a fuzzy patch between its feet - still downy perhaps.
      That fuzzy patch is always present on the wattle bird shots. I think it's just really smooth feathers with much the same colouring. If that's not it, I'm not sure what causes it. It's also usually on the neck.
      I thought the colours were OK but I did a colour correction using my Blur Average action and it was not out by much, so these are at 30% opacity. Try out my action!

Name:	7960-Red_Wattle_Bird-A.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	298.4 KB
ID:	495473

Name:	7959-Red_Wattle_Bird-A.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	281.0 KB
ID:	495472
      I Shoot A Canon

Comment

Nicely framed and the colours look great to me (bear in mind that I have no idea what they should look like)..Love the pose in No.2.

Comment

• Isac
          Isac commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks A&B. The colour cast was only slight and the birds are pretty much the colour you see. They look rather strange wearing their red earrings!.

good work getting this, to me it looks just like you might expect shooting in strong shadow..
        plenty of details though good work
        Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

Cheers Stephen. It was in shadow so that hides a bit of the colouring. I had a bit of a play with Dodge & Burn and I think it lifts it a bit.

Name:	image_42426.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	280.1 KB
ID:	495754
          I Shoot A Canon

Comment

Working...
          X