No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Willie Wagtails

This was rather special to see. Willie wagtails growing up so very fast. 3 were hatched on 10/11/2022 and 2 survived. They flew from the nest yesterday morning 22/11/2002 - All in 12 days!
    As requests have been made for more landscape photos, which is not my main genre, I'll put the camera away for a while and give the "non birdies" a go at posting up some amazing landscapes.

#1 - 19th November. Both being kept safe.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	7908-Willie_Wagtails_Newborn.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	299.4 KB
ID:	495401
    #2 - 19th November. getting instructions.

Name:	7915-Willie_Wagtails_Newborn.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	291.5 KB
ID:	495403
    #3 - 20th November. Left on their own for a short time while the folks get Take-A-Way.

Name:	7970-Willie_Wagtails_Newborn.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	298.8 KB
ID:	495399
    #4 - 21st November. Warming up in the early morning sun.

Name:	7977-Willie_Wagtails_Newborn.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	289.4 KB
ID:	495397
    #5 - 22nd November. Almost ready for take off.

Name:	7979-Willie_Wagtails_Newborn.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	290.9 KB
ID:	495400
    #6 - 22nd November. Missing the kids already.

Name:	7998-Willie_Wagtails_Newborn.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	287.3 KB
ID:	495402
    #7 - 22nd November. The empty nest. So tiny in that big tree.

Name:	8003-Willie_Wagtail_Nest.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	256.9 KB
ID:	495398
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Another supa set Isac. You have captured these little fellas growing up well...

My "other" forum is having a similar debate about too many bird photos. Can't see the argument at all. If us birders are producing many images, non-birders have a simple solution. One of which is don't look, the other is to exercise your shutter finger a bit more .....

https://www.e-group.uk.net/

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for that Mark. I was quite excited to be able to capture this event. I would have loved to join the e-group but I no longer use Olympus gear so I would not have anything to offer.

With the other matter about photographers favourite genres, I 100% agree with you. Members don't have to look at posts that they are not interested in. And that's really OK - I don't have a problem with that at all. There's a few genres that I personally don't bother with simply because I have no interest in them - and I think that OK as well - we are all different after all.
      In saying that, I appreciate the member's have voiced their concerns so I've decided to refrain from posting bird images for a while but that shouldn't stop other members posting images in any genre they wish to.
      Unfortunately I don't live in an area that has beautiful landscapes so it will give me time to do other important things.

Excellent set Isac, although not helped by the birds building their nests where they are obscured by foliage - for the good reason of avoiding predation of course.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Alan. I just had to accept what was presented without annoying the birds. I kept my distance and thought the lens did an OK job of getting focus on such tiny birds. The parents are still hanging around so we may get some more later on.

Excellent shots. Always nice to see the little ones making it to adulthood.
    Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree David. A great sight to see.

#4 tugs at my heart strings. Great expectations. May they have a wonderful bird life and go to bird heaven.
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Hans. It was a joy to see the whole event and I can relate to the "Heart Strings" you mentioned.

did well capturing these.
    I was unhappy that the nest I was watching was brought down in bad weather
    Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Shame about your losing your nest Stephen. I was super pleased to get at least some decent shots. The folks are still hanging around and the nest is still there but no more eggs as yet.
Working...
X