No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Birds at Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge

Morning wildlife photography at Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge. Plenty of photographers and bird watchers out this morning as well. The refuge protects about 65km2 of tidal salt marshes and coastal forest and is a big stop for migratory and permanent bird species.

1) Female Northern Pintail
    613A4820 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr

2) Northern Shoveler
    613A4853 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr

3) Great Blue Heron
    613A4895 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr
    Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

All good captures David. The Blue Heron is good timing with the feet testing the water. #2 the light was not your friend in this one but a good clear and sharp shot. Still no EXIF. Flickr usually keeps the EXIF data. Are you keeping it when you save your images?
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      The EXIF is visible in Flickr Isac, but has been stripped from the image and stored separately. See the "Show EXIF" link under the camera details.

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      I do see the exif on Flickr Alan, I was wondering why Flickr stripped it when you use a link to the Flickr image.

• David_MC
      David_MC commented
      Editing a comment
      Flickr is weird sometimes.

Beautiful light in these David.

For me the heron is the pick here. The feet trailing in the water is a nice touch.

I think the composition in #1 would be improved by cropping out the vertical row of ducks on the left as this would focus attention on the bird in flight.

Nice light and detail in #2 and good shot, but a bit less shadow on the bird would have been better.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Nice series. All appear to be sharp and nicely focused on the eye of the main subject, but for some reason when I try to open them up, outside the forum, I just get a black screen.

Great timing on #2.

Comment

• wigz
        wigz commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't know why clicking on the image doesn't work but you can view them in Flickr by clicking the link below the image.

• MJ224
        MJ224 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just clicking on the image in the forum produces a blank screen for me. I think it's a software bug or a forum setting. Or possibly a setting on our computers of course..

In the E-Group forum, we use the same forum software as here and clicking on an image that is linked to Flickr (the only one I know) we get the same result, a blank screen...

• AlfandBen
        AlfandBen commented
        Editing a comment
        As far as I can remember, this is the only post I've noticed this problem on. For instance in David's post Songbirds at Killens Pond, which also links to Flickr, the images open as expected.

the heron is the pic of these for me. the first shot has a lot of stuff going on but that flying duck in the shot looks mega sharp. good work
      Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

Working...
      X