No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superb Fairy-wrens

I didn't get out last week due to poor weather and other commitments but I had a wander around Tygum Park for a couple of hours this morning.

Many Fairy-wrens and Tawny Grassbirds which is interesting as I rarely saw the grassbirds here until the last couple of months.

I'm going to spread this morning's shots over a couple of days to 1. avoid image-heavy threads and 2. to do my bit to maintain activity on the form - and I should have a landscape or two.

1. Male Superb Fairy-wren - in heavy shade
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20221207_TygumPark_0014.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	254.9 KB
ID:	495773

2. Female Superb Fairy-wren

Name:	20221207_TygumPark_0040-Edit.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	257.1 KB
ID:	495772

3. Seeing double

Name:	20221207_TygumPark_0051-Edit.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	237.0 KB
ID:	495771

4. Open wide

Name:	20221207_TygumPark_0052-Edit.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	263.5 KB
ID:	495774

Alan W

My Gallery

Nice series Alan. Super colours and detail in these and great separation between the subjects and the backgrounds. Background in #1 is a bit busy but you take what you can get.(Could you perhaps remove the smaller twigs coming out of his back and head?) My favourite is #3 the two fledglings in almost identical poses.

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the feedback. I didn't touch the background in #1 as there was just too much, but I should remove the ones you mention.

Beautiful shots. Like the interaction in that last one.
    Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks David

Aaah photos of the chicks. Well caught and presented. You must have been pretty close for those ..:-)

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. Not that close - probably four or five metres, It's a fairly heavy crop.

good work on these. I prefer the presentation on the first. good light and pose. think I would look at removing the intruding stuff around the bird though
    Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Stephen and good to hear from you. You are correct that I should remove some of the clutter - I get a bit lazy at cleaning these up sometimes.

• avkomp
      avkomp commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks mate. thought I might post some more stuff and see who else I can offend...............
Working...
X