No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backyard birds this morning

I hadn't planned on taking any bird photos today as I am minding two of my grandkids, but I saw that the Tawny Frogmouths had returned with four roosting in one of our Callistemon trees.

When roosting during the day you can walk right up to them and, while they may open their eyes and look at you, they just continue to imitate a dead branch. The Rainbow Lorikeets were also feeding on the flowers and tolerated my presence. They would normally fly off if you approached.

1. Tawny Frogmouths looking a bit annoyed but still pretending to be invisible. Your can see how they blend with the lichen covered branches.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20221210_Frogmouths_0100-Edit.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	202.2 KB
ID:	495840

2. Portrait

Name:	20221210_Frogmouths_0009.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	196.2 KB
ID:	495842

3. Typical "tree branch" resting pose

Name:	20221210_Frogmouths_0007.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	185.5 KB
ID:	495839

4. Rainbow Lorikeet to add some colour

Name:	20221210_Frogmouths_0118.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	180.6 KB
ID:	495841
    Alan W

My Gallery

As a fan of bird photography I must congratulate you on a great set of fabulous images. Just lovely. Those colours of the rainbow lorikeet are stunning with a great pose.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Isac

Beatiful. Thanks Alan
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you.

Stunning shots.
    Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks David

Those Tawny Frogmouths are super birds, and you would have been at fault if you had not photo'd them. So well captured as well.

The Lorikeets are so colourful, and full of character. Hard to resist getting the camera out...

Excellent set..

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Mark. The frogmouths are regular visitors and the lorikeets are very common, but it's hard to resist getting the camera out for another set of shots.

• MJ224
      MJ224 commented
      Editing a comment
      Why resist, especially those Lorikeets. They are so full of character, I am sure we used to feed them from our hands when my M&D were alive in Kincumber...They also had the occasional Frogmouth there too. (15 years ago)

good work on this, a tawny is always worth a pic or three.
    hard to go past the lorikeet in typical pose though
    Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Stephen. I’m quite pleased with the lorikeet shot as in these trees it can be difficult to get them with a reasonably clean background.

• avkomp
      avkomp commented
      Editing a comment
      is funny cos in sydney I had thousands of them. here I havent seen one. mainly crimson rosellas here with the odd eastern
Working...
X