No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still from the veranda

Home again and the place looks different after some heat.

The drop in Wedgetail eagle must be local. I watched a pair of them late at night looking for a perch on a windy evening a few days ago.

Click image for larger version

Name:	23014963.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	240.4 KB
ID:	496692

#2 Wasnt quite ready for him set-up wise. It was set for the tree shot ad he took offl Click image for larger version

Name:	23014965.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	260.7 KB
ID:	496691

#3 Didn't take long to gain many meters of height against our hill.

Name:	23014968.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	252.5 KB
ID:	496693
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

I found the picture taken late the other day when they had trouble finding a roost in the wind.

Name:	23014961-2.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	258.8 KB
ID:	496696
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Comment

Welcome to Australia Hans, we hope you enjoy your visit
      Nice to get a bird shot. That camera must be excellent to get sharp shots at 1/500th/sec.
      I'd set up a the Custom Shooting Mode (C3) for BIF shots. Shutter Priority | 1/2000th. | f:8 | Auto ISO. Easy to go to in a split second.
      I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
      "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• HansE
        HansE commented
        Editing a comment
        I will see what I have set for multiple exposures + and -

As Isac suggested, having a custom mode for these set up can be a game changer. I do like the first shot with the bird in its environment.
      Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

• HansE
        HansE commented
        Editing a comment
        I have nothing on C3 so that looks like being a way to go!

• Isac
        Isac commented
        Editing a comment
        I use C3 for BIF because it's the last one on the dial. I don't even have to look when I dial it in.

• HansE
        HansE commented
        Editing a comment
        Does not work for me as it keeps going around. Try and use it again before I forget I saved it there.

Nice work Hans. All good but #2 has a blown out patch on its back - it is annoying when they catch you by surprise.
      Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• HansE
        HansE commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. It would have been fine other than I opened up nearly two stops for the tree shot so it was overexposed when it flew out into the open.

good work getting pix of the eagle like this. wonder if you could bring some details back into the head one one cos it looks a nice job.
      sometimes shooting manual helps you in situations like this too.
      I also note too that you posted all eagles in one thread too. the wte police didnt get you like me.
      Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

• HansE
        HansE commented
        Editing a comment
        The R model allows you to easily overide the exposure with a control ring on the lens. You can see the effect in the electronic viewfinder. The exposure was increased because the eagle was the point of interest and it was in the shade of the tree. I just didn't get a chance to remove the overide. Hope that makes sense. As for wte police They are welcome to make any comment they wish
    Working...
    X