Collapse
No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm still trying to get a decent photo of the Curlew chick.

The parent and chick were out in the open today but I didn't have my camera with me. At this rate the chick will be grown before I get decent photo. Their excellent camouflage colour and behaviour (lying flat) make it diffcult.

1. Lying behind the log garden edging again. I think the chick is behind the adult.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20230309_Curlews_0122-Edit.jpg Views:	0 Size:	286.4 KB ID:	499101

2. The parent bird standing, the chick is on the ground behind.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20230309_Curlews_0123-Edit.jpg Views:	0 Size:	273.4 KB ID:	499099

3. The best image with the chick so far I think. I had to combine two images as the depth of field was insufficient to get both in focus.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20230311_Curlews__0126_0128-Edit.jpg Views:	0 Size:	292.7 KB ID:	499100
    Alan W

My Gallery

Lovely set again. The bird standing looking at you is my favourite. It seems to be saying "Well get on with it then"...:-)

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Mark. I like it too but I want to get the chick.

All lovely images Alan. Like Mark, #2 stands out more. They do blend in nicely with their surrounds when resting.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Isac.

Great eye contact in these shots which makes the photo.
    A HAPPY PENTAX USER

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks eaglem. I'm finding it difficult to get a clear shot of the chick's eye - it blends with the leaf litter

Nice shot. Really blends in well with its surroundings.
    Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks David
Working...
X