No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Kite

The twiggy bit under his talons is the remains of some unfortunate creature that has provided him with lunch. We have two pairs of these nesting in the woods below the house so hopefully some opportunities with fledglings later in the year.
    Very busy background, an old Oak tree, and quite a long way off so a heavy crop.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Red Kite.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	297.9 KB
ID:	499345

Sharp and detailed considering how well the Bird is camouflaged in those surroundings.
    A HAPPY PENTAX USER

Comment

Great shot A&B. Well hidden but you've picked it out well and a good pose on the bird. The lens is working for you very well.
      I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
      "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Nice shot. Blends in well to that tree.
        Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

Excellent pose of the bird with plenty of detail and good colour. The busy background doesn't help but excellent eye contact on the bird.
          Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by eaglem View Post
            Sharp and detailed considering how well the Bird is camouflaged in those surroundings.
            Originally posted by Isac View Post
            Great shot A&B. Well hidden but you've picked it out well and a good pose on the bird. The lens is working for you very well.
            Thank you both. Luckily I saw him/her coming in to land so was able to follow him/her into the tree. I love the 150-600 but it is heavy, hence my interest in the 18-400.

Originally posted by David_MC View Post
            Nice shot. Blends in well to that tree.
            Thank you David.

Originally posted by wigz View Post
            Excellent pose of the bird with plenty of detail and good colour. The busy background doesn't help but excellent eye contact on the bird.
            Thanks Alan. As you say not much to do with the background and I was quite pleased with how it turned out. I did try to remove the branch across his back but a bit beyond me.

Comment

Hi A&B. The 18-400 is only 710g so very light. Lots of reviews online. I'd consider the used market, should be some bargains around.
              Here's a few sample shots on my website ISACIMAGES.COM
              I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
              "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Working...
              X