All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tygum Lagoon - Phil's pics of Corellas in the trees

G'day all

Several trees full of corellas makes a cacophony of sound and screeching, and as they flew to and fro they put on a visual performance for we walkers below

1)-

typical exif- Panny FZ-300; 1/500s x F8; ISO-250; lens at 24x zoom / 480mm FFequiv

2)-

3)-

As always, feedback welcome
    Phil

They look good Phil. I like the backlighting on the wings showing the detail in the feathers.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Lighting through the wings is pretty good showing good detail in the feathers. They are very photogenic birds and you BIFshots are well done. Excellent results for only 1/500th/sec. Nice to see you flying into the birdie section
      I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
      "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• Ozzie_Traveller
        Ozzie_Traveller commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks mate ... the shutter speed was my error -- we'd been shooting floating birds just earlier and walked onwards. I forgot to bump the speed up as these birds started to fly around us. But like you, I am also okay with the results, along with the little voice that always seem to say 'better luck next time'
        Phil

• Isac
        Isac commented
        Editing a comment
        As I always have my camera on my walks around the lake, I have a preset for BIF. I just select the preset with the dial and I'm ready.
        Shutter Priority - 1/2000th - Auto ISO - AWB - AI-SERVO mode - Spot Metering - High Speed Shutter (10FPS) - Centre+Surround Focus Points - 0EV. Back Button Focus is a must for keeping constant focus on the bird. Others may have different settings but these work for me. I'm not sure what your camera offers though as far as presets are concerned.

Nice shots overall Phil!
      Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

A nice series Phil. Looks like you've caught the birding bug

Comment

Working...
        X