No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part 2 from Sandy Camp Road on Friday

1. Intermediate Egret. I should stop taking these - I have far too many Egret photos.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20230602_Sandy_Camp_0006.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	250.0 KB
ID:	501328

2. Grey Shrike-thrush, I think. It landed close to me half in full sun and half in shade. I only managed a burst of three shots before it left and the sunny side was well over-exposed. More or less rescued in Lightroom.

Name:	20230602_Sandy_Camp_0061-Enhanced-NR.jpg
Size:	244.9 KB
ID:	501330

3. Laughing Kookaburra

Name:	20230602_Sandy_Camp_0066-Edit.jpg
Size:	211.1 KB
ID:	501327

4. Silvereye.

Name:	20230602_Sandy_Camp_0104.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	204.6 KB
ID:	501326

5. Eurasian Coot in a part of a lake covered in Azolla aquatic fern

Name:	20230602_Sandy_Camp_0145.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	284.6 KB
ID:	501329
    Alan W

My Gallery

Another excellent series of Bird shots
    A HAPPY PENTAX USER

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you eaglem

• Ozzie_Traveller
      Ozzie_Traveller commented
      Editing a comment
      +1
      Phil

I agree with eaglem. Well rescued in Lightroom for #2. I bet you're loving that D850, good clean shots with lots of detail at any shutter speed.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Isac. #2, 3 and 4 all required work in pp to get looking right because of various difficult light conditions.

I am enjoying the D850. I think frame rate and focus speed are the main improvements over the D800, but just about all areas of the camera are better in small ways, adding up to an overall much better camera. It has gained a reputation from some as possibly the best all round DSLR ever made.

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for that Alan. It has probably earned the reputation. Anyone who has one raves about it. I have a friend who has one and he treasures it. I'm a bit peeved that I chose Canon when first building my kit, I should have listened to him and gone with Nikon. Too late now though, I just live with the bad decision I made.

The 7D II sounds like a very good camera Isac, and you get excellent results with it. The D850 is now outclassed by mirrorless, and the current Canon mirrorless seem very good, except for not supporting third party lenses.

The D850 will have to do me for quite a few years I think.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm OK with the 7Dii but it's not up there with the best like your D850. I'm not convinced that mirrorless cameras are any better than mirrored. I've heard they are better at video - I don't do video, so a non event for me.More expensive for less mechanics - that's just greed and their lenses are ridiculously more expensive. I only use about 3 of my lenses and I'm just a backyard shooter so I'll just stick to the 7Dii for now. Lately I've been more into my music than photography so it's sort of taken a back seat. I'm lucky enough to be doing a set with some brilliant backing musicians at a charity concert featuring Hank Marvin, so that's rather special. I'm not a fan of selfies but a shot with Hank might be on the cards

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      You definitely should get some shots of you playing, or at least a selfie with Hank Marvin.

The advantages of mirrorless are more accurate focus and the subject and eye tracking auto-focus, as well as being able to focus at smaller apertures. Image quality improvements, if any, are marginal as sensor and image processing are improved.

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      I won't be taking the camera, too much to do throughout the night as an organiser. As well as Hank's set there are 9 other sets, so lots to do changing gear etc. I'm sure there will be many phone cameras clicking away and taking videos. Our last Gala was 9 years ago and I did get a shot with Hank and I after the gig so I'm happy with that. I'll be singing some great classics like Pretty Woman, Sweet Caroline, Eagle Rock, I Wanna Hold Your Hand etc.
      I won't be getting mirrorless. A bit disappointing but for too expensive for me. I'll carry on with the 7Dii for now.
Working...
X