No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hooded Merganser out for a Swim

Plenty of these guys out at Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge this morning.
    Hooded Merganser by David Covarrubias, on Flickr
    Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Well captured. In focus and well positioned. Looks different to us on the other side of the world.
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Comment

• David_MC
      David_MC commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Hans!

Quite an unusual looking bird David. Fabulous colours and well photographed. I think maybe a crop and place the bird lower left using R.O.T. to would give it a bit more appeal, using positive and negative space. Only my thoughts, of course
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      All good David - just a thought. 40mp would be great for cropping. I only have 20mp so that equates to yours being bigger than mine X2. My lovely wife says it's not the size that matters, but how you use it. I just know she was talking about the camera.

• David_MC
      David_MC commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha.

The jump from 20 to 40mp was significant, so was the 9 years worth of sensor tech improvements.

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree it's quite a big difference, an extra 20MP. Camera sensor improvements have been ongoing for many years buty recently like everything "tech" has seen enormous improvements in recent years.

Spectacular bird David, and nicely exposed. I don't mind the positioning of the bird horizontally but I think taking a bit from the top would give more impact to the bird.

Going by the Flickr images, that isn't that much of a crop. I've been known to crop a 2511 x 1804 image from the full 8256 x 5504 frame. Only good for web display really, but you could probably get a 10x8 print from it.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Nice peaceful pose David,...

Comment

Working...
      X