No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grumpy John
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the feedback K1W1. The lanes can be a real challenge to photograph, I used to stress out big time about all the people getting in the way, but now I just accept is as part of the environment. Now just take heaps of photo's and sort it out when I get home.
    My next trip into the CBD will focus on architecture, so any tips you may have would be greatly appreciated.

• K1W1
    replied
    One of my favourite areas in the CBD is the block bounded by Queen, Lonsdale, Elizabeth and A'Beckett Streets. There are a lot of interesting buildings and lanes that still retain their original character but like the rest of the CBD the historical part is being demolished by the day it seems.

For those who are not from Melbourne Lucy Liu is a very well respected and fairly expensive restaurant. It is a favourite for those who work in the expensive offices at the Paris end of Collins St.

Leave a comment:

• Grumpy John
    replied
    AC/DC Lane, always interesting and constantly changing.

Click image for larger version  Name:	ACDC Lane 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	100.5 KB ID:	481802

#2 These long skinny laneways are a challenge to maintain perspective while shooting up (perhaps not the best choice of words considering the activities in some of these lanes). Constantly need to be adjusting the verticals to achieve a balanced image.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	ACDC Lane 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	111.5 KB ID:	481803

Click image for larger version  Name:	ACDC Lane 3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	124.8 KB ID:	481804

Click image for larger version  Name:	ACDC Lane 7.jpg Views:	0 Size:	125.6 KB ID:	481805

Click image for larger version  Name:	ACDC Lane 8.jpg Views:	0 Size:	126.2 KB ID:	481806

Leave a comment:

• Grumpy John
    replied
    There was a solid cover of high cloud on the day which helped reduce/soften shadows, but did cause a lot of blown out sky. The focus of these images is the laneways and their content so I haven't bothered to replace/fix the skies.

Oliver Lane

Click image for larger version

Name:	Oliver Lane 01.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	481795

Name:	Oliver Lane 02.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	481796

Name:	Oliver Lane 06.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	481797

Name:	Oliver Lane 08.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	481798

#5, a bit of selective colouring. Thoughts on whether or not it works would be appreciated.

Name:	Oliver Lane 08 (Edit).jpg
Views:	255
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	481799

Name:	Oliver Lane 10.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	481800

Leave a comment:

• Grumpy John
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Isac, there are quite a few more images to process. It was great to get out and about again.

• Isac
    replied
    Very colourful John. Would have taken a while to get all your shots, but glad you can get out and about and enjoy the great outdoors. Plenty of talent around this country. TFS.

Leave a comment:

• Grumpy John
    started a topic Melbourne laneways

Melbourne laneways

Now that lockdown has eased in Melbourne I decided to do a tour of some of the laneways that Melbourne is so famous for. Using this site as a guide I set about planning a route so as not to go over the same ground twice, I pretty much succeeded and only backtracked a couple of times.

The route, almost 6 kilometres.

Name:	Laneways.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	481783

Stop 1 Hosier Lane, probably the most well known of Melbourne's lanes it is always busy and even used as a backdrop for wedding photos.

Name:	Hosier Ln 1.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	481784

Name:	Hosier Lane 02.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	133.1 KB
ID:	481785

Name:	Hosier Lane 11.jpg