No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People in Melbourne

Love 'em all K1W1, thanks for sharing.
    I've always been a bit shy in asking people if I may take their photo, and I'm not sure about the taking candid images of people that I don't know.
    My Gear

Comment

Great work. I too am wary of taking photos of people I don’t know, although I have done s few times.
      Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

I can't figure out how to insert multiple quote but thanks to both of you for commenting.
        Taking photos of people on the street is not that hard most of the problems are in the photographers head. You do need to have the right sort of camera I believe something smallish and discrete. A FF DSLR with a 70-200 2.8 is going to look a little creepy but if you smile at people and nod to say thanks as you walk past nobody cares. I have never had any negative comment or anybody object. Most people simply don't notice.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy John View Post
          Love 'em all K1W1, thanks for sharing.
          I've always been a bit shy in asking people if I may take their photo, and I'm not sure about the taking candid images of people that I don't know.
          Originally posted by wigz View Post
          Great work. I too am wary of taking photos of people I don’t know, although I have done s few times.
          Originally posted by K1W1 View Post
          I can't figure out how to insert multiple quote but thanks to both of you for commenting.
          Taking photos of people on the street is not that hard most of the problems are in the photographers head. You do need to have the right sort of camera I believe something smallish and discrete. A FF DSLR with a 70-200 2.8 is going to look a little creepy but if you smile at people and nod to say thanks as you walk past nobody cares. I have never had any negative comment or anybody object. Most people simply don't notice.

If this is what you wanted to do, here's how.
          I always ask when photographing inside a business, at one restaurant the owner said I could take as many photos as I wanted as long as his image did not appear on social media.
          My Gear

Comment

G'day fellas

In times past, I have done this stuff too -- and my approach has been to be open with people

Firstly I have a name badge on so people can easily see my first name in big letters
            Then I approach them with a story line ... "I'm with the local camera club and we have a members competition titled 'people in the street' ... so may I take a pic of you (doing whatever)"

I show them the result on the LCD screen and thank them for their smile / co-operation / whatever and walk away

Phil

Comment

Working...
            X