Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old country department store

The goods were in keeping with the quality of the building. The prices accordingly modern
    Click image for larger version

Name:	22032004.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	472.0 KB
ID:	486112

Name:	22032009.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	486113

Name:	22032005.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	486114
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Interesting building Hans and well photographed. Looks like they sell everything.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• HansE
      HansE commented
      Editing a comment
      Definitely a department store for tourists. They had some nice shirts but the $200 price tag was a bit much for this tightarse. I am surprised that it looks so empty of people I know there were plenty of people rubber necking.

Lovely images of how the country folk set up for selling their gear. It's a shame that greed is the main motivator now-a-days. #2 and #3 seem a tad soft Hans.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• HansE
      HansE commented
      Editing a comment
      The JPEG I have on my computer does look better ??

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      A large JPG will always look better on the PC than an uploaded smaller file. As for the softer look for the uploaded images, what's your workflow for resizing (reducing) the image before uploading?

• HansE
      HansE commented
      Editing a comment
      Export file about 15% original size and about 50% quality gives the 1024 and < 250K

Try "Save for Web" instead of Export. I find I have more control and better results. These are my settings. 1200px should make a slight improvement on the image. The forum maximums for image uploads are 1600px longest side dimension and 500kb file size, so you have plenty to play with. Don't forget "Bicubic Sharper" too.

Name:	SFW_Settings.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	445.8 KB
ID:	486176
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Cheers guys. I had a play with Export and I had a lot less control. I couldn't adjust the size of the image in kilobytes as easily as SFW so I went back to the legacy way.

• HansE
      HansE commented
      Editing a comment
      I am a little confused. I go <File> <export><save for web>

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry for the confusion Hans. When you said "Export" I thought it was "Export As". I guess you're not using that newer method and still using (as I do) the File > Export > Save for Web (Legacy) [Alt + Shift + Ctrl + S]. All good - confusion solved. I have a button on my pen tablet that just opens the Save-for-Web dialogue box automatically, so I've not used the File > Export or shortcut for such a long time.
Working...
X