No announcement yet.

Includes seascape, panorama and travel photography

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old hut

One from a couple of years ago. An old hut in South East Queensland.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20151210_MtBarney_0184.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	480829
    Alan W

My Gallery

Beautiful shot Alan! I love the whole POV and the wide scene. It has all the elements right through the image. IMHO it could do with some tweaks to make it pop, so would it be OK if I could use it for a tutorial?
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Sure, although it has already been tweaked quite a bit.

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Alan. If it's OK, can I post the results of my tweaks? If you're OK with them, then I will do the tutorial.

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, go right ahead.

Thanks Alan. This is just showing how we can add some drama to clouds and adding a little light to the subject (the hut) and a few darker areas. It's a really quick and easy edit and your image was a perfect sample to try it on.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_38983_CLOUDS.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	378.4 KB
ID:	480838
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks good Isac. It's a worthwhile improvement. I'd probably be looking for a little more contrast, or a little less lightening, on the front wall of the as it has a hint of a dodged look to it. Probably nobody else would notice though.

The clouds look great.

Looks like I stopped too soon. The original was quite flat and dull due to the overcast,

Thanks.

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      You probably know by now Alan that I like to see what's in the shadows. When you look at a scene like that, your eyes will automatically adjust so you can actually see what's in those shadows so I like to portray that and at the same time reduce the brightness in the sky. It's something our eyes can do, but not cameras (unfortunately). That's what I try to do in post, but I know it's not for everyone. I've heard some say that they like the dark shadows to remain in an image, "because that's how it looked when I took the photo". Well that's where I have to disagree, because the human eye can see a lot more in the shadows than a camera ever can. This is a fascinating subject and lots to read about it by searching "Human eye versus camera lens". As in the above image, it's probably more like your eye/brain actually saw - with shadows more visible and sky less bright.
      Last edited by Isac; 11-10-2021, 11:47 AM.
Working...
X