Includes seascape, panorama and travel photography

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isac
    commented on 's reply
    One of the inner silent workings of Government Phil. Those large companies getting the "free" water are also paying for it indirectly with mining taxes, royalties etc which us poor folk can't do. Most decisions by government are made to cater for big business and we individuals just have to suck it up.
    Australian mining companies paid $30.6 billion in company tax and royalties in 2017-18 – the equivalent of all Federal Government spending on Australian schools, universities and vocational training. In paying for our water, we are contributing to the cost of supply and maintenance whereas the big boys have to supply that themselves. I suppose we should all look at the big picture, but I can understand why individuals seem to think they are getting shafted.
    Just me having a chat, carry on...

• Ozzie_Traveller
    commented on 's reply
    One of the last things before john howard left office was to grant the Olympic dam people a 99-yr permit to withdraw 1-megalitre of water daily from the basin, totally free of any cost

Recently the NT gov't has allowed another mining company a permit to remove 44-megalitres monthly / annually (i can't remember exactly) from the basin x 25yrs, also free of cost.
    Strangely!! the locals are up in arms, as they cannot remove such large amounts plus they also have to pay for it

Phil

• Isac
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for fixing the link, all good now. I'm back to using MS Edge for now, no issues to date and it's as good as others I also use Firefox and Opera. I love the Edge tool that reads the text to me, brilliant and saves my eyes!
    Last edited by Isac; 20-11-2021, 02:42 PM.

• Grumpy John
    commented on 's reply
    I just checked it again works fine for me, using Waterfox G4.0.2.1

• Isac
    commented on 's reply
    The Navajo nation is huge and very powerful. I couldn't connect with the link.

• Grumpy John
    replied
    I watched a documentary on the Disney channel the other day about two guys that walked the Grand Canyon. One of the topics they talked about was a massive tourism development that would have destroyed the natural beauty of the area. Luckily the development was rejected by the traditional landowners, but the development may still go ahead with modifications.
    The documentary was called Into The Canyon.

https://www.grandcanyontrust.org/sto...anyon-escalade

Leave a comment:

• Isac
    commented on 's reply
    Greed is the one thing that will destroy everything in time.

• HansE
    commented on 's reply
    The greed of the never have enough and the blind pursuit of money will destroy our precious democracy. I don't have any pictures, but this one helps.

• Isac
    replied
    Lovely signwriting Phil. If we keep electing pollies without the guts to do what's right, we have to put up with their decision making. Very sad. But then again, some of the voters are not overly blessed in understanding what's going on around them nor in the way Government is run. Too much? - I'll leave it there

Leave a comment:

• Ozzie_Traveller
    started a topic Roadside Messaging

Roadside Messaging

G'day all

There's many ways to get your message across - this time it's anger re- recent government decisions

exif- Panny FZ-300; 1/1600 x F4,0; ISO-400; lens at 5x zoom / 175mm FF equiv

As always, feedback welcome
    Phil
Working...
X