No announcement yet.

Includes seascape, panorama and travel photography

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disused Quarry

This is an old quarry in Daisy Hill Conservation Park, a boundary of which is just a couple of blocks from my house. I've been doing more walking lately to try to improve my fitness. It's about a 3km walk (6km return) to get here and is on one of the routes I take. This is a phone photo as I don't take a proper camera on exercise walks - i'm trying for distance and speed.

There are never many birds here - just perhaps a couple of ducks and a cormorant or two.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20211120_Quarry_0002.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	481763

Click image for larger version

Name:	20211120_Quarry_0001.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	481764
    Alan W

My Gallery

Very peaceful scenic place Alan. Lovely colours and calm water. Looks a perfect place for wildlife. It's nice to go walking in areas like that. I have similar but still hear the noises of suburbia.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Isac. No houses near, but plenty of walkers, bike riders, joggers and the occasional horse rider.

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe too much close human activity for wildlife to feel safe there. We have the dog walkers and a few joggers at our lakes but no cycles or horses whizzing by. The paths are away from the lakes edge so that probably puts the wildlife at ease.

G'day Alan

Good on yer mate for the exercise walks ... I try to do much the same when I can - and it is where the smaller / lighter FZ-300 comes in very handy

Phone pics are often 'nice' but with the absence of a good zoom lens, they all tend to be much the same when it comes to image details.

Phil

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Phil

We have a similar repurposed quarry site near where I live. In the four years or so since this picture was taken they have further improved the site with more works planned. It is a haven being inside the quarry pit because it stops most of the noise from the surrounding suburban environment. Including the train line that is on the other side of the far wall.

Comment

We also go for an occasional walk in our wetlands an old quarry next to our sewage plant. You see this a bit in country Oz.
      Better a full bottle in front of me
      than a full frontal lobotomy.
      Hans

Comment

Working...
      X