Click image for larger version

Name:	7033-Lake_Dry.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	484248
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

There it was gone. Now is a good time to make it a bit deeper in the middle to help it slow down evaporation next time. You can have a few refills from this end of the country.
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Comment

Clear sky, relentless heat, and no rain makes a sad sight.

Regards
      Keith

Comment

Not good mate, the only positive is that there are no tyres or shopping trolleys in the middle. I'd hate to see what's n the bottom of our lake.
        My Gear

Comment

Originally posted by HansE View Post
          There it was gone. Now is a good time to make it a bit deeper in the middle to help it slow down evaporation next time. You can have a few refills from this end of the country.
          The water corp said that was not an option when I suggested it Hans. They don't want to interfere with the environmental side of things. We had a storm go through last night with lots of rain but it had no effect on the lake, in fact the small offshoot is dryer than yesterday.

Originally posted by Keithp View Post
          Clear sky, relentless heat, and no rain makes a sad sight. Regards Keith
          Thanks Keith. It's just the way it is in the large scheme of things. It will fill up again and the birds and ducks will come back.

Originally posted by Grumpy John View Post
          Not good mate, the only positive is that there are no tyres or shopping trolleys in the middle. I'd hate to see what's n the bottom of our lake.
          Yeah it looks pretty clean John. Maybe a few skeletons in your lake?

I Shoot A Canon

Comment

• Grumpy John
            Grumpy John commented
            Editing a comment
            I'd hate to think, it's not called Crimebourne for nothing.

• HansE
            HansE commented
            Editing a comment
            Water corp's concern is commendable if not expedient. I imagine they would prefer it go into a resevoir of some sort. You will need run off to start getting things to fill.

G'day Isac

A beaut series showing the ever-ongoing changes in the world we take for granted.
          We always have water on tap ... but fish & birds & others have an ever changing world to work thru.

Phil

Comment

• Isac
            Isac commented
            Editing a comment
            Cheers Phil. The birds come back as soon as the rains start to fill it. The birds go off to a much bigger lake less than a kilometre away so they are still in the area.

You are welcome to some of our water Isac. We seem to have a bit of an excess at the moment. Pick it up whenever you like.
          Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

We'd love some of that water Alan! Dry as a bone here right now. I feel for the victims of the floods over East.
          I have seen worse but it was back in 1982.
          In 1982 cyclone Bruno paid a visit to the southwest. The Collie and Blackwood Rivers became raging torrents, with the Blackwood reaching its highest level since 1955. it rose to 11.5 metres!
          Many bridges were washed away and there was extensive road and rail damage. Lots of farms were completely inundated and a number of towns were flooded. These included Collie, Cranbrook, Tambellup, Kojonup, Katanning, Boyup Brook, Bridgetown, Nannup and Darradup. The worst affected town was Nannup where 75 houses were flooded, many of them to the roof-top and over 50 were completely submerged. It was reported that 100 000 sheep were lost, mostly through hypothermia. Total damage was estimated at about $10 million (1982 dollars).
          Bridgetown Bowling club which was located on the banks was covered too like it was on the bottom of the ocean. The bridge on South West Highway on the southern end of town is the longest jarrah bridge in W.A. at 127.5 metres. It was to be the last large timber bridge built in the state.
          The river rose to lap that bridge and the image below (not mine) shows how high the water came to.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Bridgetown_Bridge.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	249.9 KB
ID:	484313
          I Shoot A Canon

Comment

• wigz
            wigz commented
            Editing a comment
            For many flooded houses and businesses it’s a repeat of 2011. TV stations are showing many sad scenes. We’ve had a few mostly fine days, but had more storms today and more forecast for the next couple of days.

These are photos of a bridge on the Mary River, a couple of hours north of here, showing normal and flooded views of the same bridge: https://www.facebook.com/83626117644...2770937130925/

• Isac
            Isac commented
            Editing a comment
            That's a lot of water in one hit. Thanks for sharing Alan.
        Working...
        X