No announcement yet.

Includes seascape, panorama and travel photography

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rainbow under trippy skies

some weird light the other day. and rain produced skies not unlike this shot which comes across a little overcooked.
    this is just outside my office door.
    single shot and processed with nic hdr efex.
    d4 17-35 f2.8@ 17mm. 1/640 f5.6 iso 1600
    Click image for larger version

Name:	rainbow 7793.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	492404
    Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Amazing light and a beautiful shot Stephen. One thing I noticed, about a third of the way across from the left there appears to be an abrupt change in brightness along a vertical line, most noticeable between the rainbow and horizon. Some sort of shadow?
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Not sure tbh
      Notice the rainbow light changes the also.
      shadow or rain band perhaps?

Comment

Fabulous colours. I ave no idea about the luminance shift causing that vertical change? Is it also in the original?
        I haven't used NIK stuff for a long time now, I like to experiment within Photoshop - just for the challenge
        I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
        "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Is on original too. Like a wall moving across the image. Was better before the camera saw the scene too. Get a few decent rainbows in that spot in late arvo.

Comment

• Isac
            Isac commented
            Editing a comment
            Ah well, we'll put that one down to mother nature throwing us a curve ball

That's the view from your office door, now I am jealous....

Great photo, but that transition does look a little odd..Superb colours...

Comment

Absolutely no doubt you are going to take a picture if you see this. The only question is can you get ready in time.
            Better a full bottle in front of me
            than a full frontal lobotomy.
            Hans

Comment

• avkomp
              avkomp commented
              Editing a comment
              yep. you sure are.
              these days I keep the older body set up with a wideangle for just such an event, cos they come and go very quickly here. the other body had the 600 ready to go. never know what might pop up here and it can be all over by the time you get ready. missed too many rainbows by not being ready

Very dramatic. Great job.

Comment

The colors and light are beautiful. Great work!
              Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

You have got an office in a good position if you have to know. Well done.

Comment

my office is the end room of the new house. I believe the former owner had it as a lounge room for his kids or something, but is great being here for me.
                  has no windows, but sliding glass doors either side so you got great views here. much better than where I was in sydney, where they are now building a light rail line across what was my front lawn.
                  now we have all the stuff I used to have to travel for on our own property. not to mention no neighbours and dark skies.
                  no duck pond though.

Comment

• Ralph
                    Ralph commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Love it where you are and a duck pond can be put on the have to do list as money comes in as I would think they wouldn't be so cheap to to right.
                    But I agree with the country way of life is far better than city life not that I have lived in a city that is.
                    Very envious right now.
                Working...
                X