No announcement yet.

Includes seascape, panorama and travel photography

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food for the Ducks

Plenty of duck tucker at the lake this season, flowing among the paper bark trees. 5 bracketed shots HDR
    Click image for larger version  Name:	7938-Lake_HDRx5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	268.6 KB ID:	495384
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Don't mind that, it shows a lot of detail. If I see it's HDR I am turned off. This looks ok I think the tree in the lft foreground may be a little flat but it isn't supposed to be the center of attention.
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Comment

Nice shot Isac. HDR is a really great tool to use, I use it pretty frequently. You also did well to avoid deep frying the photo with excessive tone mapping.
      Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

Originally posted by HansE View Post
        Don't mind that, it shows a lot of detail. If I see it's HDR I am turned off. This looks ok I think the tree in the lft foreground may be a little flat but it isn't supposed to be the center of attention..
        Thanks Hans. I like to do my HDR without over cooking them so I think I hit a good balance with this one.

Originally posted by David_MC View Post
        Nice shot Isac. HDR is a really great tool to use, I use it pretty frequently. You also did well to avoid deep frying the photo with excessive tone mapping.
        Thank you David. I take 5 bracketed shots 2 stops apart when there are too many lighting issues to deal with. I have it set in C1 (7Dii like yours) on my dial and then do the HDR later. It works for this type of image and I'm like you, I dislike the "deep fried" look.
        I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
        "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Working...
        X