Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Includes seascape, panorama and travel photography

X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rutland Water (for Ozzie Traveller)

    Not really my thing but I was baby sitting my grandchildren and felt like a break. Got special dispensation from OH and went for a walk.

    Normanton Church - saved after a public outcry when the valley was flooded (details can be found here https://normantonchurch.wedding/normanton-church/)

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Normanton Church.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	252.8 KB
ID:	495425

    Various other views
    1)

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Rutland Water (1).jpg
Views:	28
Size:	247.4 KB
ID:	495426

    2) Sorry there's birds in it

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Rutland Water (2).jpg
Views:	26
Size:	245.7 KB
ID:	495427

    3)

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Rutland Water (3).jpg
Views:	27
Size:	244.1 KB
ID:	495428

  • #2
    Very flat. Is that an estuary or a river? It appears to be tidal so I presume estuary. Been to the Yorkshire Moors a few times some intresting places to visit. How close is that?
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

    Comment


    • MJ224
      MJ224 commented
      Editing a comment
      Rutland Water is a reservoir, in Rutland..:-))

    • HansE
      HansE commented
      Editing a comment
      Hours away. You got to remember we go shopping that far away

  • #3
    Nice shots. That last one seems to be very low contrast. The first two are my favorites out of the bunch.
    Canon 7D Mark II, EF-S 10-22mm, EF-S 18-135mm STM, EF 100-400mm II L, EF 100mm L Macro, EF-S 24mm STM, EF 50mm II, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

    Comment


    • #4
      That lens has produced some marvellous images A&B. Good clarity, colours and framing. $1 and #4 for me. I read the story and was surprised by the amount of work it needed to keep it "afloat".
      I only have one tiny thing that's bugging me: #1 seems tilted to the left. It's only 1° and probably doesn't bother normal people.
      If it's not fixed soon the church might (over a period of time) slide off into the water and disappear
      I Shoot A Canon

      Web: isacimages.com / My Gear/Flickr Photostream
      Courage: Is knowing it's going to hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity: Is the same

      Comment


      • AlfandBen
        AlfandBen commented
        Editing a comment
        Damn, I thought I'd straightened that.

      • Isac
        Isac commented
        Editing a comment
        It's just a tad so don't bother. I've had this issue for many years about things being level and I seem to notice it a lot more than others

    • #5
      Originally posted by HansE View Post
      Very flat. Is that an estuary or a river? It appears to be tidal so I presume estuary. Been to the Yorkshire Moors a few times some intresting places to visit. How close is that?
      As MJ224 has already said this is a reservoir in Rutland. It's about a mile away from our back door as the crow flies, and around 140 miles from the Yorkshire moors.

      Originally posted by David_MC View Post
      Nice shots. That last one seems to be very low contrast. The first two are my favorites out of the bunch.
      Thanks David, The highlights in the last one were very blown and I attempted to pull them back. Editing was never a strong point

      Originally posted by Isac View Post
      That lens has produced some marvellous images A&B. Good clarity, colours and framing. $1 and #4 for me. I read the story and was surprised by the amount of work it needed to keep it "afloat".
      I only have one tiny thing that's bugging me: #1 seems tilted to the left. It's only 1° and probably doesn't bother normal people.
      If it's not fixed soon the church might (over a period of time) slide off into the water and disappear
      Thanks Isac. This lens came with my first DSLR (Canon 450d) and is not a bad walkabout lens. It's not likely to produce anything stellar but then, neither am I. I already commented on the tilt but, looking at it again, I don't think the angled breakwater in the foreground helps. That's my excuse anyway

      Comment

      Working...
      X