Includes seascape, panorama and travel photography

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Squatter's Homestead

G'day all

From 150 yrs ago, this homestead shows the styles of the time ... now encased by mature-aged trees

exif - Panny FZ-300; 1/200s x F4,0; ISO-100; lens at 7x zoom / 175mm FFequiv

As always, feedback welcome
    Phil

A good balance in this shot with the homestead nestled in the dense and lush growth.
    A HAPPY PENTAX USER

Comment

Beautiful shot. Looks like a nice home.
      Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

I like this one Phil. I think you have ACR so have a play with the sliders in the Basic settings (Auto White Balance) and see what you think. It boosts those colours and shadows.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	SH_644.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	497644
        I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
        "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• Ozzie_Traveller
          Ozzie_Traveller commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Greg for the suggestions

I have reopened the original image and used my ACR-v14,1 in "PSE v2022" to copy your settings. The result on my screen is a washed out, insipid image that appears to be a good 1-stop over-exposed

As I have mentioned before, I like a tad of contrast into an image -- maybe it makes it appear a tad sharper when printed. Also when projected on the camera club's 4k projector for comp evenings, images look very crisp from our seated positions

My original ACR settings were WB 'as shot'; Exposure @ --0,5; Clarity @ +20

ps- my latest batch of 12" x 16" prints from the 2022 trip are now framed and on the lounge room wall
          Phil

• Isac
          Isac commented
          Editing a comment
          All good. I didn't know you were projecting your images. Obviously it's pointless for me to offer you any advice - you seem to have it all under control. Cheers

I like your framing here Phil with the house nestled among the trees, and how the angle of the sun brings out the colour and texture in the scene.
        Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

They have great style. The veranda is a must. Well preserved Phil.
          Better a full bottle in front of me
          than a full frontal lobotomy.
          Hans

Comment

Working...
          X