X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 favorites add yours

10 Favorites 2 per year for 5 years

Yesterday, 02:09 PM
    No reason people can't add their favorites. I had to make some difficult choices and on a different day a whole lot of different images would have appeared.
    Starting in 2017 to 2021inc I did mess up the order but it doen't matter. Feel free to comment critisize or add your own.

1 SouthWestRocks NSW
    Click image for larger version  Name:	1703_MG_1018.jpg Views:	2 Size:	415.5 KB ID:	483744

2A Wall in Oporto Portugal
    Click image for larger version  Name:	1706_MG_1816-.jpg Views:	2 Size:	134.5 KB ID:	483745

3Botswana
    Click image for larger version  Name:	1805_MG_7234.jpg Views:	2 Size:	114.5 KB ID:	483746

4 Kinderdijk Nederland
    Click image for larger version  Name:	_MG_5592-2.jpg Views:	2 Size:	465.3 KB ID:	483747

5 Mexico
    Click image for larger version  Name:	19010500p.jpg Views:	2 Size:	110.3 KB ID:	483748

6 Mexico underground river exposed.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	19010935pl.jpg Views:	2 Size:	136.5 KB ID:	483749

7 Mandalay Myanmar
    Click image for larger version  Name:	_MG_4252-2.jpg Views:	2 Size:	371.9 KB ID:	483750

8 Egypt Cairo
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20036902p.jpg Views:	2 Size:	464.1 KB ID:	483751

9 Flinder Ranges SA
    Click image for larger version  Name:	21039018.jpg Views:	2 Size:	97.1 KB ID:	483752

10 Cape tribulation QLD
    Click image for larger version  Name:	21070193-2.jpg Views:	2 Size:	485.8 KB ID:	483753

Feel free to comment or add your own! I think they are in a better order this time as well
    Last edited by HansE; 03-02-2022, 10:51 AM.
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Yes, that's better. All visible now.
    My Gear

Comment

Good variety of great shots there Hans. I'll try to pick some of mine.
      Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• HansE
        HansE commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Alan. If it gets a bit of interest I may add another 5 years later.

Here's 10 from me. I found it surprisingly difficult to choose only 2 images from some years. Same years as Hans - 2017-2021.

1. Blowing bubbles
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20170104_Home_0021.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	402.5 KB
ID:	483785

2. Birthday Cake Smash

Name:	20180422_JacksParty_0199.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	467.8 KB
ID:	483786

3. Cronans Creek, Mt Barney National Park, Qld

Name:	20170419_CronanCreek_0012.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	146.4 KB
ID:	483794

4. Underwood Park, Qld

Name:	20181106_UnderwoodPark_0096.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	164.7 KB
ID:	483787

5. SerenityClick image for larger version

Name:	20191218_TygumBirds_0056.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	489.1 KB
ID:	483788

6. First Time BodyboardingClick image for larger version

Name:	20191226_Pottsville_0041.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	483789

7. Little Poser

Name:	20200131_HP5_120_HC110_0001_0002_sml.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	483790

8. Rainbow Bee-eatersClick image for larger version

Name:	20201016_BeeEaters_0002.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	450.2 KB
ID:	483791

9. Rufous FantailClick image for larger version

Name:	20201020_SpicersGap_0366.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	448.5 KB
ID:	483792

10. Near Mungallala, QldClick image for larger version

Name:	20210301_Mungallala_0083.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	483793
      Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• Isac
        Isac commented
        Editing a comment
        Such a diverse range of genres Alan. All quality work.

• wigz
        wigz commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Isac

Also an eclectic selection, Some great memories there Alan. It gets very difficult when you have some nice shots from Morocco or Sicily or other interesting places.
      Hans

Comment

• wigz
        wigz commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, it's tough to separate your own emotional attachment from the quality of the image.

I am loving these images everyone and I will be adding some of my own later. This thread deserves better that being in "General Chat" if anyone can come up with a suitable title for a category I'll set it up and move this thread over there. Perhaps something like "My Favourites"?
      My Gear

Comment

• Isac
        Isac commented
        Editing a comment
        I would suggest a new Forum Channel called "My Favourite Images" and then any member can create a new thread with their favourite images. With each member starting their own new thread, it's easy to find and we don't end up with multiple pages of images, which can be bandwidth hungry.
        Just my thoughts, others can chime in.

• Grumpy John
        Grumpy John commented
        Editing a comment
        Done.

• Isac
        Isac commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm sure you can now move Alan's images to a new thread and then clean up all the non relevant waffle in this thread

I will play this game but rather than favourites (that would take years to work out) I will show 2 images from each year that resonate with me.

April 23. Lloyd on his new toy.

May 28. Evening Derwent River Hobart

February 22. Evening Sherbrooke Forest

June 10. Near Eildon Victoria

March 9. High Plains Victoria

October 16. Morning rush hour. Ho Chi Min city.

February 2. Our son at work. Vue De Monde.

May 6. Lockdown.

January 23. Chuck being Chuck. Mt Buffalo

November 18. Garden visitor.

Comment

Look like great memories. I don't know about Lloyd's new toy looks like my old R90/S Have shots like Saigon ones and love the young possum.

Hans

Comment

• K1W1
          K1W1 commented
          Editing a comment
          It was new to him at the time he had just purchased it. He owns three or four BMWs.

A great series K1W1, I especially like the nature shots.
        My Gear

Comment

All good images folks! I would ask that when you want to post in this new channel, could you all please start a NEW THREAD which will identify the poster and keep things in order, instead of scrolling through many images in a single thread. Thank you all for helping out.
          I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
          "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• K1W1
            K1W1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Isaac. The request in the first post asks people to add the pictures to this thread.

• Isac
            Isac commented
            Editing a comment
            That's fine then K1W1. If that's the best way to run the thread then everyone should follow the OP instructions, I felt it was the best way to go but obviously not. I will see if John can delete the Channel and move the posts back to the original channel where the thread was started. It's pointless having one channel and only having one topic in it. Thanks for your support and pointing that out - it's appreciated.

• K1W1
            K1W1 commented
            Editing a comment
            I have absolutely no idea what a channel is on a forum. I have been using forums since the mid 1990s and I have not seen the term used before anywhere else. Forums have posts and threads so what the heck is a channel?

Okay guys let's take a step back, calm down and I will try and explain the situation.

Firstly, yes, Hans was suggesting that people add their favourite images to his thread which is a good idea as it would encourage more participation in the forum (something that has been lacking over the last few years). The problem with this is that a thread cam become quite and, in this case, very image heavy., this can (sometimes) cause issues with images not loading properly.
          Secondly, I made the suggestion that Hans' original thread deserved better than being in General Chat (which is a channel) and so I created a new channel called My Favourite Images for members to post their favourite images into. I should have made it clear at the outset that this was the purpose of the new channel.
          Thirdly, an explanation of the terminology being used. Think of AUSPH being a radio, or television, the channels on a TV could be 2, 7, 9, 10 etc. The channels on the forum are General Chat, Birds, Landscape etc. On each of the channels we have programs, or in the case of the forum we have threads. These programs have content which tells a story, or in the case of the forum we have posts which are the content and in a way they also tell a story.

I hope that I have explained things to everyone's satisfaction.

Channels is not a term we (Isac and I) have made up, it is a term widely used in forums.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	Channels.jpg Views:	0 Size:	446.4 KB ID:	483954
          My Gear

Comment

I have very little ego attached and if I could I would be happy to change the title or other text to have the posting as suggested by Isac.
            Hans

Comment

• Grumpy John
              Grumpy John commented
              Editing a comment
              Don't stress over it Hans, it will work itself out.
          Working...
          X