Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking around

Went for a look at the country side in the front yard now that the wattle is out.
    Got distracted by a crow having a barney with some ducks. Some small birds chipped in as well on the side of the ducks. That all took place as I was getting out of the ute. You can still see some ducks at the side of the dam looking at where it took place and a kangaroo is looking as well. It is now however a peaceful country scene.

Click image for larger version

Name:	21080686.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	480298

The top of Picnic Hill showing the Currajong tree that didn't survive the drought.

Name:	21080698.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	462.0 KB
ID:	480299
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

G'day Hans

Always beaut to see into someone else's backyard .......... so often I/we think that our backyard is of no interest / boring to others - that we just go past it time and again
    ps- your ute isn't as busted up as many other farm utes that I have seen over recent years

Phil

Comment

• HansE
      HansE commented
      Editing a comment
      Bought it of a young fellow that couldn't fix it over 12 months ago. Turned out the fuel system was full of what smelled like varnish. Replaced all the smaller injection pipes and replaced the tank. Completely rebuilt the engine, new radiator and altenator. Should be getting a new suspension this weekend. Getting some late model seats It should last me out. Getting to the point where getting in and out is a task for the significant other and it wears me out after a dozen times. This will probably be worsened when the new suspension lifts it up a bit.

• Ozzie_Traveller
      Ozzie_Traveller commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmmmm -- a hellova big job plus lots of $$$ as well
      Glad it's all going okay for you
      Phil

• HansE
      HansE commented
      Editing a comment
      W had the engine done at cost of parts tit for tat. about $6000 all up about $5000 less than what we can sell it for. Not a bad deal. Sure feels a lot different to the Mazda CX5 our usual drive.

Name:	21080708.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	480303
    The photo platform and the 75 series LC
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Comment

No wonder you get a good view!
      I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
      "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• HansE
        HansE commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes and the story goes we had to have a thousand acres before they would allow two dwellings to be built on it as the didn't want to break up good farmland. In the mean time they were subdividing the riverflats in several directions whilst we are on two inches of topsoil. Bloody politics.
    Working...
    X