Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things I see

Sometimes things just catch my eye as I wander around our streets. I do enjoy taking shots of interesting things now and then.

#1 - My neighbour is always pruning the trees and changing the outlook of his verge. This was one of those times that grabbed my heart.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	5697-Heart_Shape_Tree.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	128.6 KB
ID:	483457
    #2 - I tiny little piece of bark from a tree at the lake which had an unusual curl. It's 30mm across and the went from 4mm to 2mm in thickness. Taken with my 60mm f:2 Tamron Macro.

Name:	5770-Wood_Curl.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	437.0 KB
ID:	483458
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

G'day Isac

Well done - two great images showing off your photographic vision - and the technical abilities to bring it to the world

Phil

Comment

What he said. You may have to give your neighbour lend of your pruning book. Would love to see it done right.
      Better a full bottle in front of me
      than a full frontal lobotomy.
      Hans

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzie_Traveller View Post
        G'day Isac. Well done - two great images showing off your photographic vision - and the technical abilities to bring it to the world. Phil
        G'day Phil. We all probably see stuff that's a bit unusual and just "walk on by" as Leroy van Dyke used to sing about.

Originally posted by HansE View Post
        What he said. You may have to give your neighbour lend of your pruning book. Would love to see it done right.
        My neighbour is a lovely Chinese man and he has these ancient rituals that he performs in his garden (and the city verge) where he is always changing the plants and trees appearance. It's very strange. I will grab a few pics and post later, then you see what I mean.
        I Shoot A Canon

Comment

I really like the macro image of the wood shaving Isac, it would be a good subject for image stacking to achieve a sharp image from front to back.
          My Gear

Comment

As per GJ's request, I tried a focus stack with 22 images. Tripod, manual focus hand adjusted as the shots were made. Not perfect but I will work on my skill level.
            Canon EOS 7D Mark II | Aperture priority | f/8 | 0.25 sec | ISO 800 | 60 mm | Metering: Multi-segment | 1 EV | Lens: Tamron SP AF60mm F/2 Di II LD [IF] MACRO 1:1

Name:	Wood_Curl_x22_Focus_Stack.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	483537
            I Shoot A Canon

Comment

Working...
            X