• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isac
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Stephen. nature is grand.

• avkomp
    replied
    thanks for showing us some interesting behaviour.
    isnt nature grand?

Leave a comment:

• Isac
    commented on 's reply
    Oops! Sorry girls

• Ozzie_Traveller
    replied
    Originally posted by Ozzie_Traveller View Post
    G'day mate. Great images too .... and the amazing thing is "how did the bees find that the tree was hollow enough for a hive to exist"? Phil

Thanks Phil. They seem to just know this stuff about building hives and making honey - clever little fellas.

Ummm -- all worker bees are female, so maybe it needs to end "clever little gals / sheilas / chicks?
    Phil

Leave a comment:

• Isac
    replied
    Originally posted by Ralph View Post
    I would love for someone to get one of those bendy camera's to look inside of a tree with a hive in it. I would think the structure of it inside would be so interesting. I have seen some tree with a lot of Bee's about it. But I can't get too close as they are very dangerous to my health. Like how they are hard to see in number 1 shot and then to the closer up shots.
    Cheers Ralph. Bees don't bother me so I watched them up close for a while. They are really busy bees.

Originally posted by Ozzie_Traveller View Post
    G'day mate. Great images too .... and the amazing thing is "how did the bees find that the tree was hollow enough for a hive to exist"?Phil
    Thanks Phil. They seem to just know this stuff about building hives and making honey - clever little fellas.

Originally posted by David_MC View Post
    That is really interesting. Nice shots.
    Thanks David. Something a bit different I guess. They have only just migrated here in the last few days so they do get to work as soon as they rock up on site.

Leave a comment:

• David_MC
    replied
    That is really interesting. Nice shots.

Leave a comment:

• Ozzie_Traveller
    replied
    G'day mate

Great images too .... and the amazing thing is "how did the bees find that the tree was hollow enough for a hive to exist"?

Phil

Leave a comment:

• Ralph
    replied
    I would love for someone to get one of those bendy camera's to look inside of a tree with a hive in it.
    I would think the structure of it inside would be so interesting. I have seen some tree with a lot of Bee's about it.
    But I can't get too close as they are very dangerous to my health.
    Like how they are hard to see in number 1 shot and then to the closer up shots.

Leave a comment:

• Isac
    started a topic Bees in the Tree

Bees in the Tree

I have never seen bees make house in a crack in a tree but they have somehow managed to call it home.

Click image for larger version

Name:	5940-Bee_Tree.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	279.8 KB
ID:	491916

Name:	5939-Bee_Tree.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	301.4 KB
ID:	491918

Name:	5942-Bee_tree.jpg