Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muntjac

This was taken back in June, from the bathroom window. There were 2 or three just behind the house.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Muntjac.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	289.1 KB
ID:	495672

Unfortunately when they were playing further down the field the light was not good so those shots were a bit noisy.

Nice shot. Must've been nice to see something like that.
    Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

• AlfandBen
      AlfandBen commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you David. They are pretty creatures but the ponies hate the noise they make. They tend to leave their fawns in deep grass or heavy vegetation and they will not move even when you get very close.

I've not seen these. Lovely looking animal and good photo of it. Lovely colours and good detail.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• AlfandBen
      AlfandBen commented
      Editing a comment
      Also known as Barking Deer. This was one of a what I took to be a family group. We have quite a few in the fields and woods around us.

This is an old photograph showing just how close you can get to a fawn. I was a few feet away having been about to spray this patch of nettles when I spotted it. Went home to get the camera and it hadn't moved an inch when I got back.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Down among the nettles.jpg Views:	0 Size:	167.0 KB ID:	495703

Comment

They are such little cuties. Well photo'd....

Comment

• AlfandBen
        AlfandBen commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Mark.

Gorgeous photo of a close up "Peek-a-Boo" moment. Lovely framing, great detail and good contrasting colours.
      I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
      "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• AlfandBen
        AlfandBen commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Isac. This one was fairly well grown. We have seen them as small as a young leveret. Like a lot of introduced species they are not popular with everyone but I like them.

• Isac
        Isac commented
        Editing a comment
        That's the way of the world these days. Not much we can do about it I guess.

Nice shot with good colour and detail. I’ve never even heard of these before. I love the shot of the fawn peeking through the foliage. Well done.
      Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• AlfandBen
        AlfandBen commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Alan.
    Working...
    X