Click image for larger version

Name:	9388-Moon_Over_Gums.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	290.1 KB
ID:	499169
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Nice shots. That tree in the first is pretty neat looking and I like the moon in the last one.
    Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

I really like the last with the moon..........

Comment

G'day mate

A nice collection from your front yard and up the street

Phil

Comment

Originally posted by David_MC View Post
          Nice shots. That tree in the first is pretty neat looking and I like the moon in the last one.
          Cheers David. #1 has really interesting formation and stands out on its own.

Originally posted by MJ224 View Post
          I really like the last with the moon..........
          Thanks Mark. I like to get in the right spot to include the moon with various foregrounds.

Originally posted by Ozzie_Traveller View Post
          G'day mate. A nice collection from your front yard and up the street Phil
          I do live in a lovely suburb Phil - thanks.

Cheers guys. Trees to me are fascinating subjects to photograph. Lots of great colours and patterns along with unusual formations. Aside from the aesthetics, I love trees because they:

1. Help fight climate change through the process of photosynthesis, in storing oxygen. Just four trees can store the equivalent carbon as a car produces in an entire year.

2. Clean our air - simple as that. As well as producing the oxygen we breathe, they help to purify the air by removing fine particles and pollutants. Next time you take a deep breath of fresh air, remember to spare a thought for trees.

3. Help stabilise our Earth and its systems. It’s estimated that 40% of rainfall over land happens because of water vapour that is released back into the atmosphere by trees. Their roots help stop soil erosion and reduce the impacts of landslides and flooding.

4. Are good for our physical health and mental well-being. As well as providing us with shelter and shade and growing many of the foods and medicines we need to live, trees have also been found to purify our water and protect us from heat and infectious diseases. They are also proven to be good for our mental health. Spending time amongst trees and nature has been proven to help boost our mood and reduce depression and anxiety. So much so that doctors in countries like Japan are prescribing time in nature for patients with stress-related illnesses.

5. Provide homes for wildlife. Many of our iconic animals, like koalas, possums, fruit bats and birds, eat different parts of trees as part of their diets. They also use trees and forests for shelter by building their homes in branches and tree hollows. It’s estimated that over 700 threatened animal species across Australia depend in some way on forests.

I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
          "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Working...
          X