No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White light

Not sure if this qualifies as macro.
    A 60 watt incandescent globe filament photographed as the only light source.

Canon 7D, Tamron 70-200 @ 200mm from about 300mm.
    f32.0 1/320 sec., ISO 100
    Click image for larger version

Name:	White-Light.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	199.6 KB
ID:	454419
    My Gear

Quite interesting. Would not have thought to try and capture that!

Comment

• Grumpy John
      Grumpy John commented
      Editing a comment
      One of those Aha moments (I was going to say a light bulb went off in my head), had to come up with something for the camera club challenge. Outside the box was the brief. The judge hated it, thought it was all done in Photoshop. I spoke to him after judging and explained how it was done, he was most apologetic.

• seaslug
      seaslug commented
      Editing a comment
      I can understand how it was done and yes it was a bit out of the box. Well done I say!
      One of the reasons I gave up camera clubs and competitions years ago was the subjectivity of the judging. A lot of what I submitted was subject matter no-one else was doing (underwater) therefore it was not appreciated for the thought and work that went into it. Most of my photography is of a 'show and tell' nature and that suits me fine. I do nature based visual presentations for the public and they seem to be well received. That's what gives me satisfaction.

• Grumpy John
      Grumpy John commented
      Editing a comment
      IMHO, competitions would be more relevant if the judges interviewed the people submitting the entries as to what they were trying to achieve, methods used and equipment used. I'm not a member of any clubs now, nor any facebook groups. Very happy here though.

I reckon you were pretty switched on to think of taking this shot John. I like the detail, not really seen by many of us. Good work.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Very nicely captured..........great detail
      A HAPPY PENTAX USER

Comment

Working...
      X