Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still there.

I said to Kevin I wasgoing to take a picture of a mantis but it was too windy. Still there today so I did a hand held picture of him/her. I am sure this would have been better on a tripod. At least he sat still even I I wasn't.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20037016.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	223.1 KB
ID:	470449
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Nice job,the background makes him stand out,good DOF and nice and sharp.I`ve never used a tripod/monopod for macro,takes to long to set up,the bugs usually scarper pretty quickly.My lens having IS makes a huge difference,I can get sharp images @ 1/40 of a sec at a push.
    C+C,EDITS OK
    I shoot a Canon 90D with a few bits of glass.

Comment

• HansE
      HansE commented
      Editing a comment
      I could have pushed it a bit1/00 at 5.6 iso 160 88mm on 70-200. Could have got a little more DOF
      Interesting how the R showed exectly where the focus was I had trouble putting it where I wanted it.

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      I got a crooked neck looking at it so I flipped it to put him on the level.
      I quite often have trouble putting it where I want it Hans

• HansE
      HansE commented
      Editing a comment
      Not as good as we once were that's for sure!

Nice colours in this one Hans. Good detail too. Good catch and well done for your patience.
    Last edited by Isac; 27-03-2020, 01:08 PM.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• Grumpy John
      Grumpy John commented
      Editing a comment
      Is you "d" key broken Isac?

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      I think it must be - just like your "r" key. It's hard when the " " key is not working. Some ays it's OK and other ays it's not. I on't want to go out just to buy a new one so I'll get one online. It shoul be here in a couple of ays.

• Grumpy John
      Grumpy John commented
      Editing a comment
      Ha Ha, you got me on that one. I find that I do that (drop the "r") quite a bit and don't realise it because the spell checker doesn't pick it up.

I really like this image Hans. Nice colouring and lighting.
    Last edited by Grumpy John; 27-03-2020, 09:49 AM.
    My Gear

Comment

• HansE
      HansE commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks John. It was about 50mm long and is shown as seen on the Iceberg roses.
Working...
X