Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backyard macros

As we are locked down and can't get out for birds or landscapes, I took the macro lens around the backyard. I couldn't find much and I'm not sure whether it's my eyes or just fewer insects around. The cooler weather probably didn't help.

Here are the best shots I managed. All with Nikon D800, Sigma 150mm f/2.8 Macro, on-camera flash with small diffuser. All hand-held so these are the ten percent that were in focus.

Small beetle. Heavy crop.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210330_Backyard_0006_sml.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	366.6 KB
ID:	477307

Even smaller spider, Maybe 5 millimetres long. Very heavy crop

Name:	20210330_Backyard_0009_sml.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	477308

Brazilian Cherry flower

Name:	20210330_Backyard_0014_sml.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	477309
    Alan W

My Gallery

The kit is working well for you Alan, to get heavy crops. These are pretty cool shots - That's the best looking Brazilian I've seen in a while Alan! . Good colours too.
    If you're interested, we used to have a member that was into macro for spiders. Here's some of his work.
    SAMPLE 1
    SAMPLE 2

Another member who used to be active was Mark Berkery, a great macro shooter. HERE is his website.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Isac. Are you sure you aren’t getting your Brazilians confused.

I remember seeing Mark’s macros, they are excellent. I need to improve my diffuser. I have a more effective home made one, but it wouldn’t fit on the flash this morning, so I’ll have to make some adjustments.

36 megapixels does give you plenty of scope to crop.

I used to see, and photograph, a variety of spiders here, but they have been scarce the last few years.

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe I am getting the Brazilians a bit muddled up Alan. Things do tend to get a bit fuzzy now and then. 36m allows for good cropping.
      Good to see some more when you get the diffuser organised.
Working...
X