Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coloured droplet

This is all in camera, no photoshop on the colours at all.
    Also no droplet rig, just many, many, many tries!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6122-framed.jpg Views:	0 Size:	144.1 KB ID:	489644
    I'm in the middle

G'day Steve

Hmmm - appropriate for Ukraine at the moment
    and again showing us your technical / design skills in creating images

Phil

Comment

I did think about the Ukraine actually when uploading it.
      I'm in the middle

Comment

That is a stunning image for SOOC, especially with such a slow shutter speed. I must have taken forever to set up.
        My Gear

Comment

I've been searching our forum as I was sure I posted a behind the scenes but couldn't seem to find one for that shot. I probably have it on the PC.
          Motion freeze is done with flash duration. Speedligthts up close on low power means a very short duration flash. Camera settings set so that with no flash the image is black.
          I'm in the middle

Comment

I have found the folder from this session. No pics of the exact setup for the pic above, but I do have them for a single colour background. All I did then was add the yellow plastic and align the join with the droplet position. I got my brother to make me some rather overly lovely oak stands for the acrylic sheets with felt bottoms. Looks like when I had just a single flash which you can see is off camera and bouncing the light off the acrylic sheet. The acrylic sheets are 3mm A4 from ebay.
            A literal kitchen table top setup.

Click image for larger version  Name:	5267384538_80149b922a_o.jpg Views:	0 Size:	155.5 KB ID:	489759

Click image for larger version  Name:	5267384656_13803eabe4_o.jpg Views:	0 Size:	157.2 KB ID:	489760
            I'm in the middle

Comment

• Grumpy John
              Grumpy John commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm guessing from your avatar Paul that you share an abode with a couple of members of the fairer sex (am I being a misogynistic pig). My missus would spit the dummy big time if I tried anything like that in our kitchen. That's what the garage is for.

Sorry Steve.

• tenchy
              tenchy commented
              Editing a comment
              This was when I was living with my two daughters (in my avatar), now grown up. The youngest did give me some grief now and then but as Dad I had final say

Name is Steve BTW

• Grumpy John
              Grumpy John commented
              Editing a comment
              Oops you'll see where I made the mistake when you look at my response to your water droplet post.
          Working...
          X