Click image for larger version

Name:	7066-Waxing_Gibbous_Moon.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	477163
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Hmmmmmm - ain't it funny how just about all of us 'togs from all around the planet like having a shot at the moon! funny that
    Your timing shows good detail - stuff that is lost during the full moon nights

Phil

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah we do like a good moon shot. Like all togs I've done it to death BUT it is still a fascinating subject. For those intending to shoot the moon, here's an extract from a moon shooter's website.

The Looney 11 Rule
      -----------------------------

There is a “rule of thumb” that is easy to memorize and should get you close to a good exposure of the face of the moon – the “looney 11 rule.” This rule is a method of estimating correct exposures without a light meter. For daylight photography, there is a similar rule called the sunny 16 rule.

The looney 11 rule is a very simple guideline intended to give the photographer a baseline to start from when shooting the moon at night.

The Rule: For astronomical photos of the Moon's surface, set aperture to f/11 and shutter speed to the reciprocal of the ISO setting.

For example: f/11 at ISO 100 and 1/100th second shutter speed.

Another example: f/11 at ISO 200 and 1/200 second shutter speed.

The looney 11 rule is worth keeping in mind for getting good exposures when you photograph the moon.
Working...
X