No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few more of my Lake...

All taken between 1:30- 2:30 am.
    1} One of the feeder cascades. Click image for larger version  Name:	Night Lake 6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	297.6 KB ID:	493283
    2} A Fig Tree lit by one of the nearby lights that are all around the pathway.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Night Lake 37.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	307.8 KB
ID:	493287

3} One of the bridges over one of the feeder creeks.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Night Lake 41.jpg Views:	0 Size:	275.9 KB ID:	493286
    C+C,EDITS OK
    I shoot a Canon 90D with a few bits of glass.

G'day Kevin

Ah mate ... the things we get up to when we can't get to sleep when the clock says we should do !!
    Maybe on another outing, you might consider taking a bright torch with you and using it to lighten up some of the trees away from the already illuminated tree on the walking track. I have a 250Lumens bright spotlight-like torch that I use to sweep over the stuff in front of me during the 1/2-minute of the main exposure.

Maybe this will be useful
    Phil

Comment

• kevinj
      kevinj commented
      Editing a comment
      I did think about taking my flash to try that but a torch sounds like a better idea, not as harsh. It`s a learning process at the moment.

I agree with Phil about a torch for doing some "Light Painting". It's also handy to see what you're doing with your camera on a dark night. With the images above, Use Manual, tripod, drop your ISO to 100, aperture at f:9 - f:11 and live mode to adjust the exposure with the top wheel. Keep at it.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• kevinj
      kevinj commented
      Editing a comment
      Next time, I was just glad to get something half way descent.

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      It was ... but next timer will be better

did ok with these.
    light painting is a case of trial and error too I found.
    when in doubt, less is more too
    Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

insomnia not withstanding, blue hour when there is still some colour in the sky will give you top results too. I could post a night shot at blue hour with some light painting too, if you not think it hijack your thread.
      another time I was shooting in blue hour and a busload of tourists turned up next to me firing of flash pix of them in front of the harbour bridge and opera house.
      initially annoyed but one or two of their flashes caught some trees enough to light them but not too much..
      depending on how far away you want to light paint stuff, a torch could work better for you and with longer exposures, you could walk in the shot, light it up and walk off all without being in the finished shot

Comment

• kevinj
        kevinj commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, post away, one of the reasons I love this Forum is because of the people happy to help and share their knowledge and experience.

I brought up a few examples of various night pix under various lighting scenarios. I think a new thread might be appropriate. cos there may be 10 images or so.
      fortunate also cos in one case I have a near identical scene shot in blue hour and later etc.
      will add the link here when sorted

ok, link added here:
      https://www.ausph.com/forum/photohol...ing-conditions

Comment

here is the link to the new thread:

https://www.ausph.com/forum/photohol...ing-conditions

Comment

Working...
        X