Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hints of southenn lights (admins orders)

I saw in a local news group that due to extraordinary activity, the aurora australis was seen in canberra recently, albeit low and faint,
    so since we are slightly further south than canberra, perhaps it might be visible here too.
    I went outside when there was a clear night and looked generally south. could see the milky way rising but squat for the aurora so I took some pix anyhow.
    to my surprise when I looked at the pix there is in fact a greenish glow to the left of the milky way and about where I expected I might see it,
    so in the absence of evidence otherwise, I am claiming this as aurora.
    wishing for a bit more southern horizon but not available. perhaps I will go looking for a better location when the moon clears off.
    d4 17-35 @ 17mm 20 sec f2.8 iso 6400
    Click image for larger version

Name:	milkyway 9506.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	161.3 KB
ID:	499735
    Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

An excellent shot for colour and detail.
    A HAPPY PENTAX USER

Comment

I would agree with you about the Aurora Australis if I knew what I was talking about. Like many, I've never seen it. Beautiful image of our southern sky without light pollution from other more populated areas. Well done, lets see some more from you.
      I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
      "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Spectacular shot Stephen. I can't comment on the aurora but I'll take your word for it. What is the reddish glow to the right of the milky way.
        Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Thanks folks. Dunno on the orange glow. Best guess light from Moruya or far south coast town
          Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

Working...
          X