Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gundagai

Happened to be driving past Gundagai on a clear night and couldn't resist stopping in.
    Two different amounts of light painting to create these two different images.

Sony A7rii
    https://www.redbubble.com/people/Tod...ortfolio?asc=u

A couple of nice night shots of our outback sky, unpolluted by the bright lights of the big city. I think that the bridge has a tad too much light on it, just my opinion (I've been wrong before ). I have always wanted to do some night sky photography on my excursions to the outback, but I always seem to get too involved in the social (drinking) activities around the campfire and forget, or am unable to get the camera set up.
    My Gear

Comment

• Toddyh
      Toddyh commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks John I tend to agree about #2.
      Fortunately I was just passing through to no campfire or drinks to consider at that time.

first of these looks way nicer imho. lighting overdone on the 2nd. composition wise I feel I want more of the sky. the ground in front of the bridge doesnt contribute to much imho.
    nice job on the sky too
    Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

Thanks Stephen. I probably could have got more square on to the bridge and cut the foreground out. Initially I was set up for landscape to show the bridge extend along the image. I should have moved when I switched to portrait. Thanks for the feedback.
      Sony A7rii
      https://www.redbubble.com/people/Tod...ortfolio?asc=u

Comment

I like the first Todd. I think lighting the bridge is just enough not to steal the limelight from that fabulous sky.
        I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
        "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• Toddyh
          Toddyh commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Greg.
      Working...
      X