No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HansE
    replied
    We have a local hotshot who lets the camera club visit at times when he practices, Not belonging to the club I have not had the privilege. I have sailed over Cattle grids in QLD at over 100kph which was fun as the grader had made these wonderful ramps. Well captured.

Leave a comment:

• SharonH
    replied
    Just WOW!

Leave a comment:

• Isac
    commented on 's reply
    I hope you can make it here sometime.

• petrochemist
    commented on 's reply
    I was kicking myself about not having a camera, but I had very little time over there (less than half an hour from you it seems) Sidney would certainly be worth another visit, but I can't get work to pay for another flight.

• Isac
    replied
    I've only ever got my bike to go about 10" off the deck! These guys are real thrill seekers.
    PS: I can't believe you came to Oz and didn't bring a real camera?

Leave a comment:

• petrochemist
    replied
    Originally posted by Ozzie_Traveller View Post
    G'day Mike

OMG ..... is that / are they for real ... flying thru the air with no means of support?
    What the hell if they don't get to the other end 'properly'?

Phil
    Yes for real, the phone might make them look higher than they really were, but they still went at least 30' further into the air than I ever have on a bike.

The stunt displays I've seen have fortunately all landed safely, but you-tube has a loads where the rider messes up, Usually able to walk away, but invariably in need of some treatment.

Despite building up skills gradually, I'm convinced they're nuts.

Leave a comment:

• Ozzie_Traveller
    replied
    G'day Mike

OMG ..... is that / are they for real ... flying thru the air with no means of support?
    What the hell if they don't get to the other end 'properly'?

Phil

Leave a comment:

• petrochemist
    started a topic Stunt bikes

Stunt bikes

I very rarely use a phone for photos, but when I was in Oz I didn't have any other option (my camera being on the far side of the world)

I was rather impressed with the efforts Australian bikers go through, to get what I think of as the right way up:
    Biking Oz style by Mike Kanssen, on Flickr
Working...
X