No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the Archive .... Phil is revisiting some early images

G'day all

During the state-wide covid health issues and households being requested to curb their regular meanderings around the suburbs, it has been a good time to do some housekeeping. A recent revisit to photos from the years going back to 2004 and various cameras will be mentioned in in later posts.

Here's a few 2004 images with my first digital camera, the Fuji 'S-5000' ~ a 3mpx camera with 10x optical zoom, stretchable to 14x via digital zoom with no downsizing of the sensor's pixels (but 18x and 22x zoom possible with a lowering of pixels through what we now call from "L" to "M" to "S" pixels / image quality)

1) Boorowa NSW - hand feeding the livestock during the drought

exif- Fuji S-5000; 1/1100s x F9,0; ISO-400; lens at 4x zoom / 140mm FF-equiv

2) Fuel Tanker / Road Train at 3-ways, north of Tennant Creek

exif- Fuji S-5000; 1/550s x F6,3; ISO-160; lens at 8x zoom / 290mm FF-equiv

3) Sunset over Banka Banka station, 100km north of Tennant Creek

exif- Fuji S-5000; 1/320s x F4,5; ISO-160; lens at 14x zoom / 500mmmm FF-equiv

4) Beach tracks from 4wd vehicles, Manning Point NSW

exif- Fuji S-5000; 1/480s x F5,0; ISO-400; lens at 2x zoom / 70mm FF-equiv

As always, feedback welcome
    Phil

All good images Phil, but #3 and #4 stand out for me.

I started with a 4mp Canon A80 point and shoot in 2003. Megapixels seemed a lot more important in those days. I destroyed it a few years later by trying to insert the CF card in dim light, getting it the wrong way and bending the pins.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• Ozzie_Traveller
      Ozzie_Traveller commented
      Editing a comment
      Thx mate - -yes I also have a 'grab' for #3 & #4 for their visual feel ... amongst 'regular' shots that bring back memories
      Phil

I'm also looking at old images from an Olympus 705 which are not bad. Had a Kodak before that not as good will have to hunt out. It is good to have these images to look back on Could maybe be a subject photo catagory?

I just had to have a look Took this in Canberra Oct 2004 I was taken with the machine's description/name f2.8 1/30 iso200 800x600 I didn't have to reduce it
    It says "travel ticket printer"

Click image for larger version

Name:	canberra 065.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	157.8 KB
ID:	480808
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Comment

• Ozzie_Traveller
      Editing a comment
      G'day Hans
      Maybe you could also start your own collection of 'old / memories'
      Phil

From the Archive .... Phil is revisiting some early images (2)

G'day all
    Here's a few more 2004 images with my first digital camera, the Fuji 'S-5000' ~ a 3mpx camera with 10x optical zoom

5) The road between Mt Isa and Boulia (northern end of the Birdsville Track)

exif- Fuji S-5000; 1/850s x F7,0; ISO-200; lens at 1,5x zoom / 50mm FFequiv

6) Caloundra wind surfer

exif- Fuji S-5000; 1/1000s x F8,0; ISO-400; lens at 7x zoom / 250mm FFequiv

7) Camooweal sunset

exif- Fuji S-5000; 1/800s x F7,0; ISO-200; lens at 2,5x zoom / 75mm FFequiv

8) Sunny beach north of Cairns

exif- Fuji S-5000; 1/750s x F7,0; ISO-160; lens at 1x zoom / 40mm FFequiv

As always feedback welcome
    Phil

Comment

Good to look back and reminisce Phil. We have 1000's of photos from way back which we often look back on and it always creates great conversation when my kids visit. Thanks for sharing these images. My first camera was a Minolta 35mm Hi-Matic-E (35mm) and my first digitral was the water resistant Olympus u20 (4MP) then the upgrade to the u1020 (10MP). HERE
      I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
      "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

From the Archive .... Phil is revisiting some early images (3)

G'day all
        Here's a few 2005 images with my first digital camera, the Fuji 'S-5000' ~ a 3mpx camera with 10x optical zoom

9) Flight over Wilpena Pound and Arkaroola, S.A.

exif- Fuji S-5000; 1/550s x F5,0; ISO-200; lens at 1x zoom / 35mm FF equiv

10) Banksia flowers in bloom, Margaret River region of WA

exif- Fuji S-5000; 1/400s x F4,0; ISO-200; lens at 2x zoom / 45mm FF equiv

11) Boddington W.A. weir and old timber bridge

exif- Fuji S-5000; 1/50s x F3,2; ISO-200; lens at 2x zoom / 55mm FF equiv

12) Boulton's Hill WA, in the morning mist

exif- Fuji S-5000; 1/420s x F5,0; ISO-200; lens at 3x zoom / 85mm FF equiv

As always, feedback welcome
        Phil

Comment

Good shots taken in WA Phil. I've walked the bridges in Boddington and the weir. If that's Tullis bridge, it was destroyed by fire by a group of campers who were their over the Easter long weekend. in April 2009. They set a campfire on the truss on the top of the bridge, apparently went to bed thinking the fire would be ok.....woke up in the night with the bridge on fire. Some more useless info: We used to live in Yokine (suburb in Perth) in a five bedroom house and after my dad died, mum sold the house to a doctor who had a farm in Boddington. He cut the house into four and jinkered it to his farm and rebuilt it. His son who had "issues" destroyed it just a few years ago so his sister couldn't sell it. Again, thanks for the memories.
          I Shoot A Canon

Comment

Excellent shots from an older digital Phil. I love the colour and reflections in #11
            Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

From the Archive .... Phil is revisiting some early images (4)

G'day all
            Here's a few 2005 images with my first digital camera, the Fuji 'S-5000' ~ a 3mpx camera with 10x optical zoom

13) Stairway to the Moon ~ the moon rising over the tidal flats

exif- Fuji S-5000; 1/100s x F3,2; ISO-200; lens at 14x zoom / 540mm FF equiv

14) Home delivery service - lunch has arrived

exif- Fuji S-5000; 1/640s x F7,0; ISO-200; lens at 14x zoom / 540mm FF equiv

15) Tindeldale Hall at sundown - with highlighting of the timber facade

exif- Fuji S-5000; 1/1600s x F9,0; ISO-200; lens at 4x zoom / 45mm FF equiv

16) Uluru with daytime mists

exif- Fuji S-5000; 1/800s x F7,0; ISO-200; lens at 14x zoom / 540mm FF equiv

as always, feedback welcome
            Phil

Comment

G'day all

As a postscript to the above series of images - perhaps you can also see the enjoyment that I was having with a camera whose lens offered me such beaut possibilities. While we today (15-or so yrs later with better in-camera software) have many ways of reducing noise &/or modifying the JPG image in-camera, these images, for me, bring back some of the excitement I felt following my switch to a digital, superzoom camera

Phil

Comment

From the Archive .... Phil is revisiting some early images (5)

G'day all
                Here's a few 2006 images with my first digital camera, the Fuji 'S-5000' ~ a 3mpx camera with 10x optical zoom

17) Canberra's original Parliament House, now a museum

exif- Fuji S-5000; 1/7s x F3,2; ISO-200; lens at 2x zoom / 55mm FF equiv

18) Reflection of children running past the duck pond, Canberra

exif- Fuji S-5000; 1/500s x F5,6; ISO-200; lens at 6x zoom / 240mm FF equiv

19) A large flock of gannets, dive-bombing a school of fish, Port Phillip Bay, Melbourne

exif- Fuji S-5000; 1/300s x F3,2; ISO-200; lens at 14x zoom / 500mm FF equiv

20) Narracoorte Caves, South Australia (hand-held as no tripods allowed into the caves)

exif- Fuji S-5000; 1/5s x F3,2; ISO-200; lens at 3x zoom / 100mm FF equiv ....... and ps- the camera had no OIS facilities either!

Phil

Comment

Another great set Phil, keep 'em comin'
                  Love that moon shot and Uluru. I used to have some Uluru shots from a low fly past in a plane.
                  I Shoot A Canon

Comment

• Ozzie_Traveller
                    Editing a comment
                    G'day mate

"keep 'em comin" ..... year for a week or two maybe > it all stems from a) lockdown-itis (but that excuse is no longer so valid but the emotional dross is still there) + b) all my PC rebuild issues that you are aware of allowing me to rediscover all these beaut pics from years ago

Phil

From the Archive .... Phil is revisiting some early images (6)

G'day all
                  Here's a few 2006 images with the Fuji 'S-5000' and the arrival of the Panasonic FZ-30 camera (with the larger sensor of 8mpx and 12x Leica branded lens)

21) Reflection of a boat yard

exif- Fuji S-5000; 1/280s x F4,5; ISO-200; lens at 3x zoom / 80mm FF equiv

22) The red tree stump, Boboyan Road, ACT

exif- Fuji S-5000; 1/900s x F6,3; ISO-200; lens at 1x zoom / 35mm FF equiv

23) Hot air balloons over the city of Melbourne

exif- Panny FZ-30; 1/250s x F11; ISO-200; lens at 9x zoom / 250mm FF equiv

24) Sunrise at Wantabadgery (near Wagga Wagga) through heavy bushfire smoke

exif- Panny FZ-30; 1/250s x F5,6; ISO-200; lens at 12x zoom (stretched) / 700mm FF equiv

Phil

Comment

It seems the Panasonics are working for you Phil. Another good set from yesteryear. The sunrise is a beauty! Nothing much has changed in Melbourne, still a lot of hot air coming out of there
                    I Shoot A Canon

Comment

From the Archive .... Phil is revisiting some early images (7)

G'day all
                      Here's a few 2007 images with the Panasonic FZ-30 camera and 12x Leica zoom lens

25) Chambers Pillar ... about 150km south of The Alice

exif- Panny FZ-30; 1/25s x F10; ISO-200; lens at 2x zoom (stretched) / 70mm FF equiv

26) Crop dusting, western Vic (near the village of Frances in SA)

exif- Panny FZ-30; 1/400s x F6,3; ISO-80; lens at 12x zoom (stretched) / 670mm FF equiv

27) (Sunset, Magnetic Island (off Townsville)

exif- Panny FZ-30; 1/8s x F3,2; ISO-200; lens at 2x zoom / 85mm FF equiv

28) Oodnadatta Track to the Breakaways, SA

exif- Panny FZ-30; 1/950s x F9,0; ISO-200; lens at 10x zoom / 450mm FF equiv

Phil

Comment

Working...
                      X