• Abandoned.....

... or just biding time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Abandoned 1.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	159.9 KB
ID:	488251
    My Gear

I love photos like this. Unplanned - just pops up in your travels. Looks like it has been there a while with the debris in it and no paddle. There's probably some poor fella out looking for it 'cause it may have been "borrowed" by an unknown person/s.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

There's probably some poor fella out looking for it 'cause it may have been "borrowed" by an unknown person/s.

-or- it has been swept downstream in recent floods and lost from sight??
      (some time back when we stopped at the Hawkesbury river bridge, the council had multiple tractors filling trucks with junk that had come downstream. One item that caught my eye was someone's spa-pool, all in good nic with broken wires and plumbing underneath. It obviously floated well!

Phil

Comment

• Isac
        Isac commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm not sure where John too the photo. Have they had floods in Vic as well? We in Perth haven't had floods like you have in the East.

This image was taken at Tenby Point and the canoe is most probably used by a local fisherman, or maybe just someone who likes to go for a paddle in the calm waters.
      My original intent of the trip to Tenby Point was to capture an image of one of the many mangrove trees, but the conditions were not kind. Constant drizzle/rain and wind made things very difficult.

My Gear

Comment

• Isac
        Isac commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the info John - appreciated.

It looks rather neglected. The warm colours make a nice contrast to the green foliage.
      Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• Grumpy John
        Grumpy John commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Alan, the warm colours are what attracted me to taking the photo.
    Working...
    X