Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern Hospitality

This is a shot I did for a challenge on the UK forum (RIP). Only the brick wall and the neon sign are not shot in camera. The wall is an image of course but the neon sign was created in photoshop. The glass has real SoCo in it, but the ice cubes are plastic so they didn't melt during setup. They came pure plastic cubes which looked fake, so I drilled several partial holes in them to catch air and light like real ice cubes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2015_challenge.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	221.0 KB
ID:	491167
    I'm in the middle

G'day mate

You're beyond me with your PS activities ... and full credit for creativity

Phil

Comment

Nicely done.
      Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Very neat with colour/shadow transition. Love these shots even as a teatotaller

Comment

Oooh your are good at this stuff. I'll have to sharpen up a bit. All done in PS?
          I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
          "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• Isac
            Isac commented
            Editing a comment
            Does that mean you created the lettering and neon effect?

• tenchy
            tenchy commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes created the text in CS6 and made the glow. I think i sampled the colour from the bottle.

• Isac
            Isac commented
            Editing a comment
            Well you've done that text well. I play with that stuff all the time and always looking for ideas when I do flyers and posters. Cheers.

Excellent shot Tenchy.

Comment

Here are the "making of" shots. Diffusing the light was a big issue even with the big softboxes so I added a further layer in the shape of a net curtain.
            Behind the bottle and glass are gold shiny cards for a nice glow. Tripod essential to line things up!
            As mentioned above the ice cubes are plastic but came clear so I drilled a few sizes of shallow holes in them to look like bubbles in ice. The glass has real SoCo in it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2015-04-29 20.57.02.jpg Views:	0 Size:	206.4 KB ID:	491772

Click image for larger version  Name:	2015-04-29 20.56.24.jpg Views:	0 Size:	204.8 KB ID:	491773

Click image for larger version  Name:	2015-04-29 20.57.49.jpg Views:	0 Size:	210.7 KB ID:	491774
            I'm in the middle

Comment

Working...
            X