No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a Surfing Safari

G'day all

Had a good sunny day today, with the on-shore wind being favourable as well, bringing the surfers closer to the breakwater, thus making it easier to get reasonable pix of them as they take a wave. Unfortunately photographically the waves were breaking away from the camera position, so the surfers oflen turned away from the camera position.

Anyway - here's a few for your pleasure & comment
    Typical Exif ... Panny FZ-200; 1/1600s x F4 to F7; EV -0,7; ISO-100, lens at 20x zoom [about 550mm FF equiv]

a)

b)

c)

d) - what do you think about this one - shooting into the sun and getting almost a 'high-key' effect?

As always, feedback welcome
    Phil

Hi Phil, b probably the pick for me. Looks the most natural.
    a - the shadows on the face detract from the image I think.
    b - very natural scene. Nice and sharp and nicely framed.
    c - a good silhouette, with nice leading lines and the spray gives an action feel. My 2nd pick.
    d - little overblown. I like the idea but doesn't work here I don't think.
    Sony A7rii
    https://www.redbubble.com/people/Tod...ortfolio?asc=u

Comment

Something different Phil and agree with some points made by Toddyh. These types of images get me a bit excited because they form the basis for some really creative advertising brochures for the tourism industry, especially the last 2.
      I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
      "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Great series of images there Phil. C is my favourite, followed by B then A. If you could lift the shadows on the surfers face and body it would be my pick.
        I can't really put my finger on why, but I don't like D as it is, but there is plenty of potential to use PP to do something with the negative space created by the blown out area
        My Gear

Comment

Working...
        X