Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from the Sunshine Coast

Hi guys, just having a look around, and I have a specific question that I will post in the appropriate forum.

My name is Geoff, 73 years old and taking pictures since 1964, haven't improved much but I enjoy most of the results. isn't digital photography wonderful, when I started you banged off 24 exposures and waited a week to see the results....Onto my question

Welcome to the forum Geoff.
    I started in the film era as well, while it holds some nostalgia, I wouldn't want to go back to it.
    Cheers, Brad.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Geoff, I hope you enjoy your stay.
      Ask as many questions as you want, we're to help
      My Gear

Comment

Welcome to the forum, good to have you on board.
        A HAPPY PENTAX USER

Comment

• Grumpy John
          Grumpy John commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks mate

Welcome to our forum Geoff. There's lots of wonderful people that hang around here and believe it or not, some of them are actually pretty good photographers. They are always happy to help out with whatever you need, so have some fun here and post some of your work. Please join in with some constructive critique as I'm sure you have a lot to offer. Enjoy your new home for everything photography. Cheers, Greg.
        I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
        "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• Grumpy John
          Grumpy John commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks mate.

Originally posted by verithingeoff View Post
        Hi guys, just having a look around, and I have a specific question that I will post in the appropriate forum.

My name is Geoff, 73 years old and taking pictures since 1964, haven't improved much but I enjoy most of the results. isn't digital photography wonderful, when I started you banged off 24 exposures and waited a week to see the results....Onto my question
        Geez mate ... I thought that I was the oldest old bugga here but you've pipped me by 12 months

I also started young - back when the Queen visited Melb for the 1956 Olympics - geez that's a hellava long time back
        Probably like you - I've done heaps of D&P / darkroom work, but now enjoy the beauties of ezy-pezy digital stuff, mostly on Panny superzoom cameras, although I have a Panny m4/3 mirrorless as well

What about you - what are you up? to and what sort of clobba do you get around with?
        Phil

Comment

• Grumpy John
          Grumpy John commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks mate.

Welcome Geoff. Look forward to seeing some of your stuff.
        Sony A7rii
        https://www.redbubble.com/people/Tod...ortfolio?asc=u

Comment

• Grumpy John
          Grumpy John commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks mate.

Welcome. Yep those film days. When you went on holiday for 2 weeks took 30 photos over the two week period had one roll of 24 developed then waited two months until you finished the second roll to have that developed.
        It's a great thing that the film is so cheap these days.

Comment

• Ironwood
          Ironwood commented
          Editing a comment
          The instant feedback you get with digital makes it so much better, doesn’t it . I can remember getting film rolls developed before they were full, just so I could see the photos.

• Grumpy John
          Grumpy John commented
          Editing a comment
          That's really sad Brad, have you no patience?

• Isac
          Isac commented
          Editing a comment
          What's a film roll?
      Working...
      X