No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It has been a while (another one)

I have been invited back so why not.

I haven't been posting on any forums for quite a while but still been busy taking photos.
    Due to health issues Maureen and I have recently retired from Wedding Photography. Doing it for ourselves now.
    Hopefully some of you will remember me.

Jules

Welcome back Jules, and thanks for taking the time to post.
    My Gear

Comment

G'day Jules

I remember the day I finished my last wedding & ceased taking future bookings - 1000yrs ago back in the mid 80s - and the relief I felt that a massive weight had been taken off my shoulders. Since then I have progressively dropped all 'shooting' commercial activity and enjoyed increased adult-education, photographic techniques et al ... and it has been heaps more enjoyable, esp at weekends when my time suddenly became MINE!!!!!!

I hope the same goes for you and Maureen .... and Welcome back
      Phil

Comment

• Grumpy John
        Grumpy John commented
        Editing a comment
        I can understand the weight coming off you shoulders Phil. Wedding photography must be the most demanding of all the photographic disciplines, trying to keep everyone happy and making sure you capture the feel the clients want, when they probably don't know themselves. All too hard for me.

Welcome to the "we have the time". Just do it.
      Better a full bottle in front of me
      than a full frontal lobotomy.
      Hans

Comment

Good to see you back Jules.
        Cheers, Brad.

Comment

Lovely to see you here again Jules and we wish you and Maureen all the best. No more weddings for me either, but I still help out a good friend with PP for his wedding shots - keeps me busy, which is a good thing (so they say).
          I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
          "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Hiya Jules, my old M8. I see you and the lovely Maureen have been out and about taking some lovely shots lately.

Comment

Working...
            X