No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings

Hi,
    I am new here and my name is Ray Allen. I was made aware of this forum by Grumpy John and here I am.

I am a retired old fart now living in a retirement village on the Central Coast of NSW. Started in photography with screw mount Spotmatics and Takumar lenses. Now shoot with two Pentax APS-C DSLRs (K10D, K-3) and two Canon DSLRs (EOS-1Ds full frame and 20D APS-C). I like landscape, seascape, nature shots and I also like photographing car shows.
    If you wish to see some of my images I am on Flickr. See below.

I will take my time to see how things work here and then I will be happy to join in.

Cheers,
    Ray.
    Explore Ray Allen's 4,006 photos on Flickr!
    Last edited by rayallen; 21-06-2020, 10:44 AM.
    Regards,
    Ray Allen.

G'day and welcome Ray. Being an old fart is almost a prerequisite to joining this forum, so I think you'll fit right in. We are a pretty friendly bunch here someone will always be around to help with any questions.
    My Gear

Comment

• rayallen
      rayallen commented
      Editing a comment
      Many thanks for the warm welcome, John.

• Ozzie_Traveller
      Ozzie_Traveller commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Ray ... Welcome mate - you'll find us a "wild and cantankerous" mob who snooze for much of the day

Hey there GJ - i'm an old fart as well too ya kno
      Phil

Welcome to our mad family Ray. Mostly old farts like John and Phil have mentioned. I took a look at your Flickr site, lots of wonderful images. I think we have a few things in common, like flora and fauna, cars and general everyday stuff . Have some fun here and we look forward to what you may bring to us.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Originally posted by Isac View Post
      Welcome to our mad family Ray. Mostly old farts like John and Phil have mentioned. I took a look at your Flickr site, lots of wonderful images. I think we have a few things in common, like flora and fauna, cars and general everyday stuff . Have some fun here and we look forward to what you may bring to us.
      Thanks for your warm welcome, Isac. You do seem like a friendly group and I am sure that I will fit in. Yes, I shoot almost anything...as long as it doesn't move too much!

Regards,
      Ray.
      Regards,
      Ray Allen.

Comment

• Grumpy John
        Grumpy John commented
        Editing a comment
        Or in my case too fast. I'm still coming to grips photographing birds in flight.

• rayallen
        rayallen commented
        Editing a comment
        Likewise, John. BIF is still a challenge for me.

• Isac
        Isac commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm sure you will both master it in time.

Welcome to our little group,us old farts have to stick together,looking forward to seeing your pics.
      C+C,EDITS OK
      I shoot a Canon 90D with a few bits of glass.

Comment

• rayallen
        rayallen commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, Kevin. I have already posted a few images.
    Working...
    X